Down turn....

Old Dec 1st 2008, 6:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

mayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of light
Default Down turn....

Well here I am for the first time this year at home online on a Monday.
Work has been pretty good about putting us on standby for 4 hours a day but that is not sustainable in the long run so am looking and applying for alternatives.

Never been in this particular position before so hope it call comes out OK what with us being with a mortgage now and a bun in the oven!

Hope everyone else feeling the pinches is finding solutions too!
Old Dec 1st 2008, 8:44 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Down turn....

get back in line!

Though good luck, it's shit when it happens and this bunch here will help cheer you up

If it makes you feel any better, the place that laid me off before my daughter was born is finally in the final death throws and closing up
Old Dec 1st 2008, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

mayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of light

You are back at the grindstone now though? I though I read you'd found new employment?

We are kinda lucky in the company is still keeping us a bit sweet but for how long???
Touch wood a 2 day on the job interview weds and thursday will sort me out! Fingers crossed.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 10:03 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mayhemuk
Touch wood a 2 day on the job interview weds and thursday will sort me out! Fingers crossed.
good luck!
ps - i think your very wise to assume they wont be able to sustain the standby indefinatly!
Old Dec 1st 2008, 10:55 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Well here I am for the first time this year at home online on a Monday.
Work has been pretty good about putting us on standby for 4 hours a day but that is not sustainable in the long run so am looking and applying for alternatives.

Never been in this particular position before so hope it call comes out OK what with us being with a mortgage now and a bun in the oven!

Hope everyone else feeling the pinches is finding solutions too!
Here's hoping and keeping my fingers crossed for you...

we found our solution to the pinch, were going home!..we don't have GC's so we've decided to leave next year before things start getting really bad..

Again, good luck and hope all goes well in the Interviews..
Old Dec 1st 2008, 11:52 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

You are back at the grindstone now though? I though I read you'd found new employment?

We are kinda lucky in the company is still keeping us a bit sweet but for how long???
Me, not yet, a fair few interviews at various places around the country but no games job yet...interviewed at a place today for what's basically a marketing and sales gig...utter rubbish, so we'll see, i've been invited to spend the day on wednesday to shadow someone to see what it actually is about...I have a feeling it's a ponced up corporate door to door sales man

Anyway, good luck on your interviews, be a nice time to land something that's for sure!