Dog!

Old May 21st 2011, 2:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dog!

Just some further info. Parair use Air New Zealand flights. In the summer, they go via USA and in the winter via either USA or Hong Kong. Pets DO NOT leave the aircraft at either stop but are checked on board, so no being left on the tarmac in boiling hot weather.
Old Feb 4th 2012, 1:32 am
Just Joined

Kay123 is an unknown quantity at this point

We hired Parair to pick up our dog from the airport, upon calling from overseas they informed us they had not bothered to pick up our dog as the line was too long so they left her at the airport after her flight which was traumatic I'm sure! Upon arguing with them for leaving her there, with us being helpless overseas, they said too bad they were not getting her that day and we can cancel without a refund. It was clear they did not care about our dogs wellbeing and Our dog came to us disoriented and not well taken care of. I would not recommend anyone trust parair with their precious pets.
Old Feb 5th 2012, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

Foxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud of

Chippy64

We used Golden Arrow and they came and picked up my two dogs from West Yorkshire. It only cost £200 (in 2009) which I thought was quite reasonable. It saved the stress of having to get them to Shropshire.

It cost £3,000 to ship two collie sized dogs to Auckland.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 2:53 am
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kay123
We hired Parair to pick up our dog from the airport, upon calling from overseas they informed us they had not bothered to pick up our dog as the line was too long so they left her at the airport after her flight which was traumatic I'm sure! Upon arguing with them for leaving her there, with us being helpless overseas, they said too bad they were not getting her that day and we can cancel without a refund. It was clear they did not care about our dogs wellbeing and Our dog came to us disoriented and not well taken care of. I would not recommend anyone trust parair with their precious pets.
That is truely shocking, i would of wanted to rip their heads off. We used Golden Arrow, they were great and Bella arrived safe and well and loving her new life at the beach.
Kaz
Old Feb 7th 2012, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

forshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by chippy64
Oh my lordy - asked for a quote to send my dog from Tonbridge to ChCh and got this quote -

* Based on the information available at this time our estimated professional charges for a "Door-to-Door" service from collecting and flying Tazz from a residence in Tonbridge through to delivery at a residence in Christchurch is USD $9,245.00 and includes the following:

Assistance and Consultation Fees for NZ MAF Veterinary Certificate A
Assistance and Consultation Fees for NZ MAF Veterinary Certificate B
Collection From a residence in Tonbridge
Delivery to Boarding facility
Boarding Fee for 2 Nights
Customs Export Documentation
Worming Treatment
Frontline Flea Treatment
Veterinary Visit/Inspection
Airline Approved Travel Carrier
Delivery to London Heathrow Airport
Air Cargo Charges London - Christchurch
Airline Fuel Surcharges
Airport Handling Fees
Airline Security Surcharges
Airport Veterinary Fees (Certificate B)
Airport Kennel Sealing Fee
Collection and Customs Clearance New Zealand
Delivery to a Local Residence in Christchurch
Administration charges
Complimentary Membership to Global Pet Register – www.gprsos.com
Pet Protection Program – www.uk.worldcarepet.co.uk – No Charge
Our Arrangement Fees

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

My main question/concern is probably where do I keep the airplane I must have just bought!

Think I need a few more quotes.......

Hi,

This sounds about right

we brought our Dalmatian over nearly 2 years ago with Golden arrow we took her ourselves to save on travel costs from manchester to down south, then we picked her up from the airport and in total it cost $7000 - worth every penny! we were quoted on size of the dog and just unfortunate she has very long legs!
However, cost aside - she was worth every penny and living the doggy dream!
Old Feb 12th 2012, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

Mrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really nice

It was 5k for us to bring 2 dogs over last April - used Golden Arrow. Could not recommend them highly enough. But yeah, you do have to take the dogs to them.

But that at least gave us the chance to meet them and see the facilities as we were boarding them there for 2 weeks.