Dog!

Old May 18th 2011, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dog!

Oh my lordy - asked for a quote to send my dog from Tonbridge to ChCh and got this quote -

* Based on the information available at this time our estimated professional charges for a "Door-to-Door" service from collecting and flying Tazz from a residence in Tonbridge through to delivery at a residence in Christchurch is USD $9,245.00 and includes the following:

Assistance and Consultation Fees for NZ MAF Veterinary Certificate A
Assistance and Consultation Fees for NZ MAF Veterinary Certificate B
Collection From a residence in Tonbridge
Delivery to Boarding facility
Boarding Fee for 2 Nights
Customs Export Documentation
Worming Treatment
Frontline Flea Treatment
Veterinary Visit/Inspection
Airline Approved Travel Carrier
Delivery to London Heathrow Airport
Air Cargo Charges London - Christchurch
Airline Fuel Surcharges
Airport Handling Fees
Airline Security Surcharges
Airport Veterinary Fees (Certificate B)
Airport Kennel Sealing Fee
Collection and Customs Clearance New Zealand
Delivery to a Local Residence in Christchurch
Administration charges
Complimentary Membership to Global Pet Register – www.gprsos.com
Pet Protection Program – www.uk.worldcarepet.co.uk – No Charge
Our Arrangement Fees

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

My main question/concern is probably where do I keep the airplane I must have just bought!

Think I need a few more quotes.......
Old May 18th 2011, 8:59 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dog!

Originally Posted by chippy64
Oh my lordy - asked for a quote to send my dog from Tonbridge to ChCh and got this quote -

* Based on the information available at this time our estimated professional charges for a "Door-to-Door" service from collecting and flying Tazz from a residence in Tonbridge through to delivery at a residence in Christchurch is USD $9,245.00 and includes the following:

Worming Treatment
Frontline Flea Treatment
Airline Fuel Surcharges
Airport Handling Fees
Administration charges
Our Arrangement Fees

My main question/concern is probably where do I keep the airplane I must have just bought!

Hahaha, good luck with the new plane!!

Firstly why is the quote in USD? I've done the conversion and it's approximately 5,700 GBP? We paid approximately 6,000 GBP for two dobermans. This was NOT with the door to door collection/delivery. From memory to have them collected from Cornwall and taken to the kennels at Heathrow was 400 GBP? We then collected them in Auckland this end. In addition to this we had our vet carry out all the necessary bloods and fecal tests. We were allowed (oh joy) to collect the stool samples ourselves. I say "we" but as you can imagine it was "me."

We used www.airpets.com and can not fault them, they were wonderful.
Old May 18th 2011, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=chippy64;9373223]Oh my lordy - asked for a quote to send my dog from Tonbridge to ChCh and got this quote -

* Based on the information available at this time our estimated professional charges for a "Door-to-Door" service from collecting and flying Tazz from a residence in Tonbridge through to delivery at a residence in Christchurch is USD $9,245.00 and includes the following: QUOTE)

Good God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 18th 2011, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Worming Treatment
Frontline Flea Treatment
Airline Fuel Surcharges
Airport Handling Fees
Administration charges
Our Arrangement Fees

We used http://www.parair.co.uk/
Old May 18th 2011, 10:13 pm
Just Joined

Ispoki is just really niceIspoki is just really niceIspoki is just really niceIspoki is just really niceIspoki is just really niceIspoki is just really niceIspoki is just really niceIspoki is just really nice

Parair and jetpets are both reputable companies. To get a better measure of the market go to www.ipata.com and do a search by country.
Make sure to ask if travel boxes are included (you will need to measure/weigh), airport handling/clearance, vets fees...etc basically ask whatever you can think of at the time and get an email address/phone number for the person you are dealing with if anything else pops to mind!
better to be safe then sorry!
Old May 19th 2011, 5:38 am
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

Ta everyone - have now asked for quotes from those you have mentioned plus a couple more! Shame.....I was just getting used to the idea of my own plane.....
Old May 19th 2011, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=chippy64;9374041]Ta everyone - have now asked for quotes from those you have mentioned plus a couple more! Shame.....I was just getting used to the idea of my own plane.....[/QUOTE

Hi Chippy,
We are using Golden Arrow to fly Bella on the 14th June. Cost is £2,050 including 3 nights boarding, vets stuff and paperwork,pet carrier ect. They have been really helpful. Good a putting my mind at rest over Bella as she is a nervous dog and I'm not sure if we are being selfish putting her through it. But she is only 2 and such a good dog, anyway I've paid the money now so she's coming.
Good luck
Kaz
Old May 19th 2011, 7:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

We used Golden Arrow for three dogs and it was about GBP7000 for a staffie, GSD and a collie. The cost does depend quite a bit on the size of dog, what dog do you have?

Jan
Old May 19th 2011, 4:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Our dog is a GSD/Collie cross. Very neurotic and gets travel sick. We live in Kent and are without a car (it died!), so haven't contacted Golden Arrow as they are so far away and we need them to collect from us.

So far, other quotes are £4390, £3424 and £2574. Hugely different and all include/exclude different things. What a nightmare!
Old May 19th 2011, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

Si19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud of

have you tried Lady Haye which are closer to you? We are using Golden Arrow and they are fantastic and reasonable, nothing too much trouble, it would be worth a quote as they can collect as well.
Old May 19th 2011, 7:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

janeyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond repute

we paid 2500 including 2 weeks kennels who collected from our door in cornwall took to heathrow as the op said this was about 400 ours was also for 1 border collie cross and included all certs and vets fees. the total matched the fair for 3 of us flying one way!
Old May 19th 2011, 8:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Si19761
have you tried Lady Haye which are closer to you? We are using Golden Arrow and they are fantastic and reasonable, nothing too much trouble, it would be worth a quote as they can collect as well.
£4475! Beginning to wonder if I have looked at the tape measure incorrectly?
Old May 19th 2011, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

£4475! Beginning to wonder if I have looked at the tape measure incorrectly?
Hi Chippy, Try Golden Arrow they have been great with us and they will collect the dog. Google them or I can PM you the number. Good prices and very good rep, after all we just want our dogs to be looked after and happy. Bella is a staffie cross, medium size and it is £2,050 for her. A bit more if we want her collected but was not a huge sum.
Good luck with your plans
Kaz
Old May 20th 2011, 7:57 pm
Nottingham

josephine123 is an unknown quantity at this point

omg i am hoping to bring 3 king charles cavs with me, oh the pain of the purse strings
Old May 21st 2011, 6:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by babybella
Hi Chippy, Try Golden Arrow they have been great with us and they will collect the dog. Google them or I can PM you the number. Good prices and very good rep, after all we just want our dogs to be looked after and happy. Bella is a staffie cross, medium size and it is £2,050 for her. A bit more if we want her collected but was not a huge sum.
Good luck with your plans
Kaz
Hi Kaz,

They are too far away from us. It's a pity because I have heard so many good things about them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.