Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know of anywhere selling Calpol??

Does anyone know of anywhere selling Calpol??

Old Jul 3rd 2009, 1:23 am
Forum Regular

Suzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud of
Default Does anyone know of anywhere selling Calpol??

HELP - we have a child with a broken collar bone who hated the paracetamol syrup we got for him. As he is the eldest I am dreading one of the smaller ones getting ill and only have a few sachets left from when we came over recently. Does anyone know where I can get it, or will I have to get it shipped over? Failing that does anyone know any kiwi equivalent that isn't thick, bitty and 'yucky' - his words not mine!!

Thanks
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 2:09 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does anyone know of anywhere selling Calpol??

Originally Posted by Suzbits
HELP - we have a child with a broken collar bone who hated the paracetamol syrup we got for him. As he is the eldest I am dreading one of the smaller ones getting ill and only have a few sachets left from when we came over recently. Does anyone know where I can get it, or will I have to get it shipped over? Failing that does anyone know any kiwi equivalent that isn't thick, bitty and 'yucky' - his words not mine!!

Thanks

Hi Suzbits

Sorry to hear about your son

Have you tried the Pamol? Think it's made by the same company cos the advert has a £10 note on it!!!

I just get mine from my GP; a litre bottle of Parapaed for a $1.

Good Luck, hope he's on the mend soon
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 3:25 am
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

i had same problem , my friend brought over a ship load with her, but then she had the pink paracetamol the doc gave her and is the excact same, she would eat a bottle of it lol in one go... but youve tried that so not sure sorry. you could always take an empty bottle in to show doc to see if he something silmilar he could prescribe
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 4:04 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Does anyone know of anywhere selling Calpol??

Ask your pharmacist for a paracetamol syrup for children. Calpol is a GSK product and only a few places sell it here, however Paracare is a very similar product sold over the counter.
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

Suzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud of

Thanks guys, i will try a bottle and see if it is a bit more like what they are used to
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 7:46 am
loui5a

loui5a will become famous soon enough

Hope you get sorted and your son feels better soon. Thanks for the post as it has made me add it too my list of stuff to bring!!

L
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loui5a
Hope you get sorted and your son feels better soon. Thanks for the post as it has made me add it too my list of stuff to bring!!

L
My list of things to bring with us is getting longer by the day!!
It will need its own container soon!!
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 9:33 am
Just Joined

kiwi4simone is a name known to allkiwi4simone is a name known to allkiwi4simone is a name known to allkiwi4simone is a name known to allkiwi4simone is a name known to allkiwi4simone is a name known to allkiwi4simone is a name known to allkiwi4simone is a name known to allkiwi4simone is a name known to allkiwi4simone is a name known to allkiwi4simone is a name known to all

Hi i use nurofen for children, strawberry flavour. its $8 at chemist but the only thing my little on will have!
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

MOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond repute

Obviously I don't know how old your son is, but is he able to swallow half or a whole paracetamol tablet? My 9 year old doesn't like the 6+ calpol but is quite happy to swallow half tablets (I usually get the long thin ones not round to make it easier for her). She now takes her hayfever antihistamine as tablets too and saves a load of hassle.

Another idea that I used to do when the kids were really young was to hide medicine in fromage frais or yoghurt.
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

Rustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of light

oooo fromage frais!!! mmm, don't think you can get that here either??

My daughter had the same problem but is probably older so she's been transferred over to tablets but hates taking them!

I hate taking tablets too and was most distraught to find that you can't get neurofen meltlets here either
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for all the replies, I will go and speak to the pharmacy and perhaps take a sachet of Calpol with me and see what we can try.
Old Jul 4th 2009, 12:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

I have kids and know how hard it can be to get them to take medicine, but don't you think it's a bit ridiculous that you are actually looking for a medicine that tastes nice for a child? It's not a particularly good thing to make children enjoy taking medicine, especially something as dangerous as paracetamol.
Old Jul 4th 2009, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sr71
I have kids and know how hard it can be to get them to take medicine, but don't you think it's a bit ridiculous that you are actually looking for a medicine that tastes nice for a child? It's not a particularly good thing to make children enjoy taking medicine, especially something as dangerous as paracetamol.
have you ever tried to give a child medicine that they dont like the taste of. i have and my daughter clamped her mouth closed and there was no opening it, we all ended up covered in it..

as long as you dont leave medicine in reach of a child i dont see a problem with giving them something that tastes pleasant, if it means they will swallow it and make them better im all for it
Old Jul 4th 2009, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by carolineshewan
have you ever tried to give a child medicine that they dont like the taste of. i have and my daughter clamped her mouth closed and there was no opening it, we all ended up covered in it..

as long as you dont leave medicine in reach of a child i dont see a problem with giving them something that tastes pleasant, if it means they will swallow it and make them better im all for it
I am completely with you, a distressed very ill child, especially one with a high temperature needs something to bring it down quickly, if giving them something slightly pleasant tasting achieves the result, then I am all for it - why cause more distress and anguish for them and you when you don't have to ....
Old Jul 6th 2009, 12:48 am
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light

Parapaed and the cheap orange paracetamol the chemist makes up are both very sweet and my kids hate them. Who decided that kids like things very sweet? The strawberry flavoured Pamol and Nurofen are better.

Yes you can buy fromage frais at most supermarkets in with the sour cream, ricotta cheese etc. usually, and panadol tabs can be crushed or hidden in that or yoghurt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.