To do list.....

Old May 19th 2009, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of light
Default To do list.....

Hi Every-one,

Just wanted to see if anyone has a to do list of things which need to be done before emigrating......

Any suggestions?
Old May 19th 2009, 8:36 pm
DGH
Danni

DGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really niceDGH is just really nice
Default Re: To do list.....

Hi,
There's a magazine, I think called 'Australia and New Zealand' that you can get from WHSmiths that always has a tick list at the back. It tells you what you should be doing from 18 months before leaving right through to leaving day. It's really good.
Old May 20th 2009, 2:29 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

I had so many lists on the go at that time
I had most of my to do list on a calendar so I could see when to arrange things, I found that more useful than a list.
Don't forget to leave time for farewell parties
Old May 20th 2009, 3:34 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

A few earlier threads that might help;

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...t=leaving+list

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...t=leaving+list

HTH
Old May 20th 2009, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of lightJo-Chris is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for all your replies - just starting our list of things to do!

Just want to go now but need a job arghhhhh!!!
Old May 20th 2009, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

We separated our to do lists into months that we had left and worked out what needed done when e.g. giving notice to sky/tv etc was June where as getting house on market was asap,or organising container was Feb etc.. Used a page in A4 book for each month so things could be added if needed. Had lots and lots on lists

Phyl x
Old May 20th 2009, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

zummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud ofzummerzet_lou has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by weejie
We separated our to do lists into months that we had left and worked out what needed done when e.g. giving notice to sky/tv etc was June where as getting house on market was asap,or organising container was Feb etc.. Used a page in A4 book for each month so things could be added if needed. Had lots and lots on lists

Phyl x
yes - I had lists .. in fact I had lists of lists!!
Old May 21st 2009, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

bevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond repute

Glad I'm not the only one with lists of lists. My OH is having a great time taking the mickey and adding bizarre things to my precious lists Don't see him doing much organising tho.....
Old May 21st 2009, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

we too broke our list down in to months and then I taped them on to the kitchen cupboards so I could see them everyday and add to them and cross things off when they were done. I had already typed out all the change of address letters and cancellation letters and sent them nearer the time.

Do take with you in your hand luggage, copies of passports and birth certs, everyone wants a copy when you get here.

Good luck.
Old May 21st 2009, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Is there anything you wish you had done before you left the UK? Are you making national insurance contributions? so many things - hubby is the one who can only work from lists, I just hope for the best and see what happens!!!
Old May 21st 2009, 10:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

I am a list fanatic so I covered most things before I came out and they wasn't anything that I wished I did differently.

Things I did which were helpful:

- Ordered a sim card on line from a vodefone shop before we landed, so mobiles worked right away.

- Ordered a couple of travel plugs from ebay, so had them on us.

- took a map of christchurch with us and marked on it where all the AA places were to get our IRD and drivers lic don.

- Took copies of everyones passports and birth certs for IRD number (including the kids) and banks etc.

- oh actually there is something i would of done different, i wouldn't have bought the dishwasher over as we are in a new rental and they have one and we are thinking of building so will get one put in, so that was a waste of space, and i'm glad we didn't bring out sofa (actually it wouldn't fit in the container), as there is a great choice over here and the rooms are so much bigger.

- we booked into a motel with wireless, so got onto the webcam right away for folks back home.

- bought the kids red medical books with us in hand luggage for the doctors and school, we didn't however bring a copy of our medical docs, and they haven't asked for them.

Thats all i can think of for now.