Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Do I accept the offer???

Do I accept the offer???

Old Sep 2nd 2012, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

welshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nice
Default Re: Do I accept the offer???

Originally Posted by ellenarosemary
Have had four viewings this week, one thursday, one friday and two saturday. Three are cash buyers, one in a chain. The one in a chain has said no, and the others havent heard yet, hopefully will hear tomorrow - fingers crossed. Hopefully someone out of that little lot will want a second viewing at least.

Congrats on the sale of your house, dont take it off the market though because as they say its not sold till the ink is dry.
I hope you get an offer ......yeah we got played on our last house we sold the buyer came back 3 times ...eventually bought it , but very bloody stressfull .heres hoping all oes well for us both ...
Old Sep 17th 2012, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

ellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Further update, well lost all those buyers, currently have one who has offered £9K more than the original worst one which I have accepted - but here's the catch. The piece of land between our house and the garage which is owned by the farmer.

After going to see him, hes agreed (in principal) to sell it, well he hasnt said no anyway. Unfortunately hes one of those people who do things at his pace or not at all. Sure he will sell (at what price is anyones guess however).

Currently this new buyer wants to buy the land, and is aware that the sale might not go through by the time they want to purchase the house, which isnt a problem, but they want things to be moving on.

Cant bug him any more, as already phoned last week, and got short shift as they say from his wife, but we ended up on good terms at least. So darent ring again, and will have to wait for them to contact me - dont want to jeopardise the sale!!

Problem - how do I keep the new buyer sweet without bugging the seller - tough one.

Think a bit of creative talking will have to be done.
Old Sep 17th 2012, 10:12 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Sounds a nightmare. you get the sale.
Old Sep 17th 2012, 10:57 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

I think you need to get the agreement of the sale of the piece of land in writing so appease the buyers of the house.
It will have to go through solicitors so maybe discuss it with your house selling solicitor and ask them the best way forward as sure they have done this loads of times before.
I'd also personally leave it just at that and not do the negotiations of the purchase of the land leave that to the buyer of the house.

good luck
Old Sep 18th 2012, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

welshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nice

Keeping everything crossed for you ....ours still going thru, so keeping everything crossed for us too :-) keep us posted ..good luck
Old Sep 18th 2012, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

ellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Mrs F good idea in principal, but thats means bugging him again, and I dont want to do that. Also dont think he would commit to putting anything on paper yet anyway.

Yes think any negotiations will have to be done by the new seller (once they buy it hopefully) - but dont want to jeopardise anything just in case they dont, because at the end of the day I will want to buy it if they dont.

Fingers crossed etc

Welshrgeordie, fingers crossed for you too - good luck let me know.
Old Sep 18th 2012, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just a thought, nearer the time of exchange if the buyer is still complaining, perhaps I could get my solicitor to ring up the farmer to confirm what I have told them, and then my solicitor could ring theirs up to confirm. That way not me bugging him.

Wont ask until nearer the time, just in case he comes up with a price before then.

Hopefully happy bunnies all round!!! what does everyhone else think?

Last edited by ellenarosemary; Sep 18th 2012 at 8:11 pm.
Old Sep 18th 2012, 8:38 pm

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

If I was buying and had stated that I wanted the land I would want the confirmation in writing before signing on the dotted line.
your purchaser may not be as set on purchasing the land so it may not affect the sale.
Old Sep 18th 2012, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

I see your point, unfortunately as the valuation has not yet been done and no idea as to what he will charge, everything is still pending so to speak.

Cant see him doing a letter saying he will definitely sell if no price has been agreed. If he cant get what he wants for it, he wont sell anyway so any letter saying he would definitely sell would be meaningless.

Will just have to wait and see if anything comes back from him before the buyer starts questioning, otherwise will try and get my solicitor to speak to him, hopefully that will be sufficient for the buyer.
Old Oct 13th 2012, 3:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well after all that my buyer pulled out with a week to go, didnt like the surveyors report, although its an old house in excess of 250 years old and it was only minor picky points. Even offered to pay or knock the money off as less than £1k to fix it (had builder in to quote)

Personally think they had either changed their mind or got something else on the go, even the estate agent said it was madness not to go ahead.

Well biting the bullet and putting it on the rental market, and flights booked for the 29th October whether or not its rented - will rent it out for at least 6 months and then see what the market is like next year, think its a bit late in the year to be selling at the moment.

If it doesnt rent within the next couple of months will be in the 'poo' big time, as it is will have to put to the mortgage as the rent wont cover it - but sometimes you just have to take a chance and we have all been apart too long as it is.

Old Oct 13th 2012, 11:12 pm

bummer, but it happens and actually happened to me on the day of exchange. Estate agent rung with me expecting them to say we had exchanged but instead he said they had pulled out because supposedly one of them had just been made redundant. Don't believe it for one second as had a funny feeling they were boxing above their weight. Anyway we sold again. got 5K more.
One bit of advice on utilities selling or renting, as I'm having a nightmare time of it still. take a photo of your meters just as you leave the house for the last time. email that to the supplier and get them to make a final bill up. then get the rental agemts/friends/family to take another reading day before the tenant moves in and get them to forward that to you. you then pass it on to the supplier stating that is the last date you are responsible and give the names of the tenants/buyer.
My final final bill came in at over £900 despite the fact I had given them a meter reading on the day we left and had paid up til that reading. the new owner gave them the wrong reading over a month after they had moved in (which was 4mths after we had moved out), they had misread ??? by 1000 of units. I refused to pay and insisted they get a reader out and sent them through our photo evidence. Hopefully it should be sorted in the next 2 weeks and that would of only taken 4mths to sort and such a pain so try and avoid it at all costs.
Old Oct 13th 2012, 11:13 pm

I'll add you to the October thread. When do you land and where you heading to exactly?
Old Oct 14th 2012, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

I would probably sell, lost time is hard to make-up for.
Old Oct 14th 2012, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Perry Groves
I would probably sell, lost time is hard to make-up for.
Ah what a bummer ....ours is still waiting to go thru ....hopefully by the end of next week , but I keep saying that ...the people who are buying ours have gone on a weeks holiday ! I am so flipping stressed out , (how inconsiderate of them ) lol hope it all works out for you , still keeping everything crossed for us all :-)
Old Oct 14th 2012, 8:11 am

good luck to you all

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.