Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Disappointedly Yours ...

Disappointedly Yours ...

Old Jun 23rd 2009, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Disappointedly Yours ...

What a good idea! I've just turned 29 and am dreading becoming *cough* 30 I might steal, I mean borrow, your idea and start doing 'me things' other than Mum and wife things. A few of us girlies up in Auckland are going to stay over in a bach with plenty of nibbles, booze and a spa if you fancy that too )

I'll come and see the All Blacks in Auckland with you, I can never find anyone who wants to share that experience with me (the Warriors are a Wellington rugby team??) Will be great to catch up again )
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 9:18 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl
What a good idea! I've just turned 29 and am dreading becoming *cough* 30 I might steal, I mean borrow, your idea and start doing 'me things' other than Mum and wife things. A few of us girlies up in Auckland are going to stay over in a bach with plenty of nibbles, booze and a spa if you fancy that too )

I'll come and see the All Blacks in Auckland with you, I can never find anyone who wants to share that experience with me (the Warriors are a Wellington rugby team??) Will be great to catch up again )
Oooo, all sounds good! Let me know when the bach weekend is and I'll check my diary - I believe it is mostly free for the next 12 months for all matters relating to ME!

Hubby has now said he'll go to an AB's game - but I'd rather go with you!
Old Jun 25th 2009, 9:15 am

Well, there's no opting out now - that's the Taupo half marathon entry completed and paid for ...
Old Jun 25th 2009, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Well, there's no opting out now - that's the Taupo half marathon entry completed and paid for ...
Hey nice one! You doing it for charity or the personal glory then? If it's charity let us know
Old Jun 25th 2009, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
My move to New Zealand was meant to incorporate a "whole new me" in that I would attempt new and exciting things and live life on a day by day, "can do" basis.

By my very nature, however, I am somewhat of a lazy arse.

And so I find, after two years here, that I've really not been doing the things I had hoped to.

Some would say that with 4 kids, 2 dogs, a house etc what did I hope to fit in other than occasionally the opportunity to paint my toenails. I would respond "More, much more, than I have."

I shall be in the last year of my 30's in *ahem* days/weeks. Before I turn the big 4 0 I want to achieve things. Conquer my fears. Dance the light fantastic. Snog Robbie Williams and shag Jonnie Depp. I want to see places I've only seen in the travel guides. I want to live a lot.

Time is a factor, not age. I am busy, setting up a business and studying. But that aside I don't want my weekends to be spent doing, well, not a fat lot really. I feel I'm not living, life is passing me by. And I'm in grave danger of suffering from commitment fatigue ...

Thus far I've decided;

We are going skiing in Queenstown for a week in July.
I am going to do this
And this

Any other ideas?

Doesn't matter what it is or where in NZ it is, I'd like to get on and try something new and exciting at least every month for the next 12?
Good for you. May a make a suggestion for when you reach the 60.

Do a skydive. You get to cuddle up underneath a spunky young man and it's a great thrill.

I wanted to do something really daring for mine so I told no one, took a day off work, did a jump and at my party on the saturday night I waited until everyone was pretty primed up and then I played the video of my jump.

The edited video was so well done. They used this video of Queens " Don't Stop Me Now" and edited the jump in.

Everone was singing away to the song and them my flapping jowls appeared.

I have promised myself I will do one at my 70th and hopefully 80th.

Imagine the jowl movement by then

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58CJi...eature=related
Old Jun 26th 2009, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bellasmum;7699936The edited video was so well done. They used this video of Queens " Don't Stop Me Now" and edited the jump in.

:) Everone was singing away to the song and them my flapping jowls appeared.

[url
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58CJih1iYC0&feature=related[/url]
Hmmm, thought that was going to be a video of your jump there, most dissapointed
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by j19fmm
Hmmm, thought that was going to be a video of your jump there, most dissapointed
I did too and watched the whole thing ...

Well, I've fallen at the first hurdle as the Overlander is sold out for the days we could do it over the school hols.

I am now aiming towards mountain biking through the Redwood Forest in Rotorua as the first First.

Training for the Taupo half marathon was going well, I walked to the shop for my fags, but got a humungous blister, so not sure how to work through that one.

On the bright side am hoping to book the Hubster and I in to the Polynesian Spa for some pampering and stay here for our wedding anniversary in 2 weeks.
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 12:48 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by j19fmm
Don't go there. I am still waiting for the forest photos of the 4 generations back family. Bugger all will happen. .
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS
Don't go there. I am still waiting for the forest photos of the 4 generations back family. Bugger all will happen. .
I found some of Hubby's mother's old ones but they all looked like pikies and I didn't want to shatter the illusion of a Bolly drinking, pink and sparkly tiara wearing Fairy ...
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 12:57 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I gotcha. I've some old Irish ones and they look like pikies to me and now Batty will beat me up coz I'm just a half and I said pikie.
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 3:29 pm
loui5a

loui5a will become famous soon enough

Happy Birthday for the big day. Well done all of you who have for than one kid! I would love a few more and my dream in NZ is to get a house, dog and two+ kids.

I do however think the running is a great idea and oh how about Zorbing.

http://www.zorb.com/rotorua

I really want to do it but OH doesn't and thinks it would be dangerous!

Hope you get some good ideas and do them!

Louisa
Old Jul 4th 2009, 8:02 am
Account Closed

Stoof is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pixi-dust
Jet boat! Oh yes you have to! we did the shotover one last year on holiday and we loved it so much we immediately booked it for a second go. ( you get the second one for half price) and we also did one down the Waikato. If you like water and fast things these are brilliant!
Jet boat's cool! Best one ever (IMHO of course!) is the Dart River Safari - south of Queenstown - absolutely ace! You head up river for AGES in the jet boat, then get out and have a bit of a walk, then get a lift back in a 4 wheel drive bus thing.... it's where they filmed some of LOTR, but they only mention it in passing, it's not a big LOTR thing! def recommend!!
Old Jul 4th 2009, 10:07 am

Yup, zorbing is on the list ... some girlfriends and I plan to have a day in Rotorua polishing off a few "Firsts" so that should be great fun. Not sure about the jet boating - bit scary ...

My half marathon training is going well, I have calves like a Russian shot putter and even walked to 4 square for my fags and back yesterday.
Old Jul 5th 2009, 11:05 am

Well, you inspirational people, I'm hoping (weather permitting) to do my first "First" tomorrow.

A 9.5KM local walk
Should be nice, something I've meant to do since we got here 2+ years ago, but never got round to, and perfect training for Taupo! I'm going with a friend so shall take my camera, although weather not looking too good. Not very exciting I know, but Hell, I'm aiming for 39 in 12 months, some have got to be free!
Old Jul 5th 2009, 1:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Have a lovely time, looking forward to the pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.