Reload this Page >

Di YOU STILL SEND XMAS PRESSIES BACK TO UK

Di YOU STILL SEND XMAS PRESSIES BACK TO UK

Old Dec 11th 2006, 1:35 am
Forum Regular

orca05 will become famous soon enoughorca05 will become famous soon enough
Red face Di YOU STILL SEND XMAS PRESSIES BACK TO UK

Hi
Does anyone still send back xmzs pressies to UK.I used to for the first couple of christmas but it cost a fortune to send parcels to the UK so we don't bother anymore just christmas cards now.I don't think we are being mean just practical.
Old Dec 11th 2006, 1:54 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Di YOU STILL SEND XMAS PRESSIES BACK TO UK

We still do pressies for our 5 nephews and nieces, and my wife's godchild.

You're right, it does get expensive, and we certainly look out for people making the trip who might carry a parcel for us.
Old Dec 11th 2006, 2:09 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

We order things for people from Uk web sites - that way you dont have to be really organised ( cos we're not!)
Old Dec 11th 2006, 4:24 am
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

Originally Posted by orca05
Hi
Does anyone still send back xmzs pressies to UK.I used to for the first couple of christmas but it cost a fortune to send parcels to the UK so we don't bother anymore just christmas cards now.I don't think we are being mean just practical.
No - gave all that up after about 2/3 years - life's too short to peel asparagus or stand in post office queues - yes, we have them in NZ, too - they're just shorter but still irritating! ..... queues that is, not post offices - post offices are just smaller, not shorter.

Christmas email-cards are also much easier!
Old Dec 11th 2006, 5:19 am
Forum Regular

orca05 will become famous soon enoughorca05 will become famous soon enough
Wink Re: Di YOU STILL SEND XMAS PRESSIES BACK TO UK

Originally Posted by cottageinthesky
No - gave all that up after about 2/3 years - life's too short to peel asparagus or stand in post office queues - yes, we have them in NZ, too - they're just shorter but still irritating! ..... queues that is, not post offices - post offices are just smaller, not shorter.

Christmas email-cards are also much easier!
Hi
Yes I know what you mean I was in a queue of 4 people at the post office and I got pretty pee-d off at having to wait 5 mins as normally whiz through.I will probably do the e-mail cards next year( good idea.)By the way I don't peel asparagus just break the woody bit off.
Have a fun Xmas!!
Old Dec 11th 2006, 5:48 am
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

Hi
Yes I know what you mean I was in a queue of 4 people at the post office and I got pretty pee-d off at having to wait 5 mins as normally whiz through.I will probably do the e-mail cards next year( good idea.)By the way I don't peel asparagus just break the woody bit off.
Have a fun Xmas!!
Have a look at www.jacquielawson.com for brilliant email cards.

I also break off the woody bit - I read a recipe somewhere about peeling asparagus - no way! I keep all the woody bits in the freezer until I've got a bag full, then make asparagus soup - straining the woody bits out and only adding tender asparagus for the last few minutes.
Old Dec 11th 2006, 6:48 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cottageinthesky
I also break off the woody bit - I read a recipe somewhere about peeling asparagus - no way! I keep all the woody bits in the freezer until I've got a bag full, then make asparagus soup - straining the woody bits out and only adding tender asparagus for the last few minutes.
That's just an absolutely brilliant idea - must go tell the wife right away before I forget!! (I have been struggling for ages to convince her the right thing is to peel the ends)
Old Dec 11th 2006, 8:28 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Nope. But, I always send my parents a lovely NZ scenery calender and this year I sent them a book about NZ that was in Whitcoulls and also some of my sons artwork from pre-school.
Old Dec 11th 2006, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

brandn has a brilliant futurebrandn has a brilliant futurebrandn has a brilliant futurebrandn has a brilliant futurebrandn has a brilliant futurebrandn has a brilliant future

Amazon, wrapped and delivered!
Old Dec 11th 2006, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

When living OS I sent presents some yrs, or bought pressies On line from :
Waitrose- a Dutchy hamper, selection of wine,
Flowers by post from Jersey / Guernsey,
family also received souvenirs from Asia, NZ, OZ, where ever we'd had a holiday.
I don't have nephews or nieces so really not a difficult task.
Old Dec 12th 2006, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

brussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to behold

When i was young, we always looked forward to the massive annual Xmas parcel stamped from the other side of the world from the distant Kiwi aunt and uncle, it always contained exotic things to an 8 year old in North Yorkshire, (plastic) Tiki carvings, sheep fleeces, various types of honey (Acacia !). Some of the toys were frustratingly aged only for 5 year old boys when i was 8 ! Nowadays , the global village has meant that your local Sainsburys sells all types of exotic honeys, the fashion for fleeces in front of the fire has been and gone in Europe, but i would still bet that little lads all over England would still love to receive a parcel from Kiwiland, even more so, with the replacement of letters by EMails