Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Desperate Mum seeks Help/Advice.

Desperate Mum seeks Help/Advice.

Old Sep 27th 2011, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

corbieken is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Desperate Mum seeks Help/Advice.

Hi all,

I need some urgent advice. I am a mother of two, 22year old daughter and my son who is nearly 20. We three have permanant residency and he came on a WHV as he wanted to sample it first. He now loves Tauranga, and I want him to stay. He has been trying to get a job, but to no avail. People don't even email him back. He has until July 2012 and then his WHV comes to an end. He will do anything but would love an apprenticeship in carpentry, building etc.
Recently he has said maybe he should try Christchurch, and whilst I understand his thinking I am worried for him.. I love him and want him here with us, has anyone got any suggestions. He has been out with CV's, he can't do any education due to the expense. He is a hard worker, he just needs an opportunity, surely there must be something out there, somewhere.
He has applied for jobs that you would think, he has a good chance but no. Do you think people see the WHV first and won't consider him for that reason.
HELP please.
Old Sep 27th 2011, 10:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Desperate Mum seeks Help/Advice.

Originally Posted by corbieken
Hi all,

I need some urgent advice. I am a mother of two, 22year old daughter and my son who is nearly 20. We three have permanant residency and he came on a WHV as he wanted to sample it first. He now loves Tauranga, and I want him to stay. He has been trying to get a job, but to no avail. People don't even email him back. He has until July 2012 and then his WHV comes to an end. He will do anything but would love an apprenticeship in carpentry, building etc.
Recently he has said maybe he should try Christchurch, and whilst I understand his thinking I am worried for him.. I love him and want him here with us, has anyone got any suggestions. He has been out with CV's, he can't do any education due to the expense. He is a hard worker, he just needs an opportunity, surely there must be something out there, somewhere.
He has applied for jobs that you would think, he has a good chance but no. Do you think people see the WHV first and won't consider him for that reason.
HELP please.
Sorry, I can't help, but just to let you know that my son was nearly 20 yrs old when we came out, but I got PR for him through ours. As he is your son you should be able to apply for PR for him, if you are his only family his points will increase. Good luck
Old Oct 1st 2011, 4:49 am
Just Joined

corbieken is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Desperate Mum seeks Help/Advice.

Originally Posted by Boopy
Sorry, I can't help, but just to let you know that my son was nearly 20 yrs old when we came out, but I got PR for him through ours. As he is your son you should be able to apply for PR for him, if you are his only family his points will increase. Good luck
Different circumstances, our Son was taken of our family application as at the time he was very indecisive. I had a job offer so because he was unsure we took him off it.

He is aged 20 nearly, so being an adult he will have to make his own application. He desperately needs a job offer a permanant one otherwise he will have to return to the UK on his own. I hope this doesn't happen.

Cheers.