British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   deb_steve (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/deb_steve-604184/)

deb_steve Apr 18th 2009 8:50 pm

deb_steve
 
My better half has been offered a job in New Plymouth and has been give a small amount towards removal costs, we have done hours of research and from what we have seen the money offered will not go very far, could anyone suggest a good, honest reliable removal company as at the moment I am so lost.:eek::blink:

CCGM.IN.NZ Apr 19th 2009 12:20 am

Re: deb_steve
 
This thread is running at the moment http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=602718. Hope its useful. Good luck :)

aalls73 Apr 19th 2009 2:55 am

Re: deb_steve
 

Originally Posted by deb_steve (Post 7491682)
My better half has been offered a job in New Plymouth and has been give a small amount towards removal costs, we have done hours of research and from what we have seen the money offered will not go very far, could anyone suggest a good, honest reliable removal company as at the moment I am so lost.:eek::blink:

Hi we used a company called EVL in the UK they were excellent and we got the insurance down to 1% all in all we paid 3300 for a 20ft container from door to door and it took 9 wks to arrive (which was with The Moving Company) from Wellington,
Nothing Broken, mind you the container was full to the brim nothing could move let alone break ha ha....
When are moving???? What Job has yout OH been offered??:thumbsup:

deb_steve Apr 19th 2009 5:59 pm

Re: deb_steve
 
Better half just agreed contract and they have told him they will sort the visa and we could be over there in a little as 1 mth. The job is with an engineering inspection company.

I will be looking for a job on arrival of course, I have experience of office admin & customer service do you have any idea of what jobs are out there, Havin said that I would be happy to turn my hand to something completely different given half the chance

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE, VERY HELPFUL:confused:

aalls73 Apr 19th 2009 8:04 pm

Re: deb_steve
 

Originally Posted by deb_steve (Post 7493840)
Better half just agreed contract and they have told him they will sort the visa and we could be over there in a little as 1 mth. The job is with an engineering inspection company.

I will be looking for a job on arrival of course, I have experience of office admin & customer service do you have any idea of what jobs are out there, Havin said that I would be happy to turn my hand to something completely different given half the chance

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE, VERY HELPFUL:confused:

Hi plenty of jobs around the thing here is you have to put yourself out there and look...

http://job-bank.workandincome.govt.nz/Joblist.aspx
is a good place for jobs and the usual.... seek.com and Trademe.co.nz

CarolineSwan Apr 19th 2009 8:29 pm

Re: deb_steve
 
Thats great news , as for jobs there are lots on offer but also nz is a place where not all the jobs get advertised, for my job i typed up a small version of my cv with a letter and handed it round the local businesses , within 30 minutes i had a call and a job, which i love so was very lucky.... just keep ear to the ground once you arrive and even send of cv's to all the admin places in the phone book asking them to keep you in mind, you will be fine and failing that you just meet us for coffee... i know this great wee place in inglewood lol

caz

deb_steve Apr 19th 2009 9:13 pm

Re: deb_steve
 
Been looking on web again, this time at cars as better half get a car with his job I will be carless (a thought that does not rest easy as always had own wheels).

Not being the brightest button I find the concept of converting currency a total misery. How long does it take to learn how to use money.:confused:

Would love coffee, possibly need lots of coffee

aalls73 Apr 19th 2009 9:44 pm

Re: deb_steve
 

Originally Posted by deb_steve (Post 7494170)
Been looking on web again, this time at cars as better half get a car with his job I will be carless (a thought that does not rest easy as always had own wheels).

Not being the brightest button I find the concept of converting currency a total misery. How long does it take to learn how to use money.:confused:

Would love coffee, possibly need lots of coffee

Hi just dont convert just work with what you have.... it'll only depress you as to how much your paying ha ha...

And our doors always open for Coffee drinkers lol


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:05 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.