Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Death in the family: tough times

Death in the family: tough times

Old Jul 5th 2013, 4:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

M_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Death in the family: tough times

Originally Posted by DandJMay
Really very sorry to hear your news, sending you much love from Otatara
Thanks. We really should meet up for coffee when I am back again.
Old Jul 5th 2013, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

M_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cappuccino
Condolences for your loss. Yes, the distance feels like a million miles when someone the otherside of the world is sick or you need to get back in a hurry. <<<hugs>>>
You're right. We forgt how big the world actually is because the Internet makes it feel smaller.
Old Jul 5th 2013, 7:55 pm
Account Closed

DandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by M_and_M
Thanks. We really should meet up for coffee when I am back again.
Yes we should, that would be lovely, but for now you take good care of yourself and travels back
Old Jul 6th 2013, 2:16 am
BE Enthusiast

chc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond repute

M & M, hugs and kisses to you at a difficult time. Hope you and your family can find strength from each other. Best wishes.
Old Jul 7th 2013, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks chc4me. V grateful for nice people in NZ, makes it easier to cope with being so far away.
Old Jul 8th 2013, 5:36 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear your sad news. It's times like this that you realise just how far away NZ is. Hope you're bearing up well.

It sounds like you've got some lovely work mates who have rallied round for you.
All the best
Old Jul 9th 2013, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

ChrisWilson7 is just really niceChrisWilson7 is just really niceChrisWilson7 is just really niceChrisWilson7 is just really niceChrisWilson7 is just really niceChrisWilson7 is just really niceChrisWilson7 is just really niceChrisWilson7 is just really niceChrisWilson7 is just really nice

I'm so sorry to hear that news, it makes other things pale into relative insignificance but I know you've had a tough start. It's great to hear how well supported you have been though, and I am sure you have a boat load of great memories to treasure going forward .
Old Jul 9th 2013, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

kazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to all

I'm new on here but so sorry for your loss x

Karen
Old Jul 10th 2013, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

sriraksha is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Death in the family: tough times

So sorry to hear about your loss, I completely understand how much pain you had gone through as I went through the same situation like yours when I lost my elder Sibling.

"you never lose the ones you love, when you love the ones you lose".
Old Jul 10th 2013, 4:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks guys. I have to say the people of Southland have made it for me in times of trouble. My journey thus far has been hellish, and without them I would have hopped on a plane back to the UK and stayed there.

It's just a bummer that even on the very next plane it takes 2 days to get back.
Old Jul 10th 2013, 11:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear of the loss of your mum. It's always on our minds with family being so far away. So glad your community rallied around to support you.
Kazx