Dead

Old Apr 28th 2005, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dead

Originally Posted by ps_wardle
exactly......british people when the sun comes out = pub. Then they're all moaning that they're skint & theres nothing to do.....
when we were in wellington we used to go kayaking on the harbour for $9 per hour. Never done it before, & it was great. When we came back, we found out that they do it at salford quays near where i live, great we thought, so down we went, it was £12 each & it was closed on a saturday & sunday !!!!
I hate this country so much, & cant wait to leave to be allowed to do things i actually want to do, near to where i live, for a price i can regularly afford in an environment i want to be in........
Z3M, you're words on this thread have been spot on so far, in addition to what you've put below, you can't believe people dont want more from life can you......
Did you have to come back to the UK or did you choose to? ru going back to Wellington?
My hubby also worked for a couple of the big banks in Wellington (IT) he is now at one of the cc companys here and can't believe how bad their working practices are.
KAZ
Old Apr 28th 2005, 2:45 pm
Z3M
Banned

Z3M will become famous soon enough
Wink Re: Dead

exactly......british people when the sun comes out = pub. Then they're all moaning that they're skint & theres nothing to do.....
when we were in wellington we used to go kayaking on the harbour for $9 per hour. Never done it before, & it was great. When we came back, we found out that they do it at salford quays near where i live, great we thought, so down we went, it was £12 each & it was closed on a saturday & sunday !!!!
I hate this country so much, & cant wait to leave to be allowed to do things i actually want to do, near to where i live, for a price i can regularly afford in an environment i want to be in........
Z3M, you're words on this thread have been spot on so far, in addition to what you've put below, you can't believe people dont want more from life can you......
Thank you i hope people who want to go to NZ and come on here for advice take no notice of the people who slag it off because they cant cope with a change of scenery its them and not NZ thats way off .anyway the whingers seem to be getting less and less mileage on here as people are sick of hearing them
Old Apr 28th 2005, 2:50 pm
Z3M
Banned

You can kayak here too in the shit infested waters off our coast, or the orange rivers we have ,you have a ready made slalom course avoiding the piles of shit or shopping trolleys bet they dont have that in NZ oh no all they have is crystal clear waters jet boats traditional kayaks what are they missing eh
Old Apr 28th 2005, 2:53 pm
Banned

ps_wardle is on a distinguished road

we were on a whv & came back to pay off uk credit cards & loan (v hard with nz$$), didn't want to come back at all, we loved it there, lived overlooking the beach in lyall bay, paid less in rent for a two bed house, than we do now for a 1 bed flat.
So we came back to make it easier for ourselves in the long term, we could have easily stayed, but would have been pretty broke for a few years, this way, we've been in the uk for 1 year & are clear now.....yay....
i worked for anz on vivian street above dick smiths, behind the scenes for them, occasionally going to anz tower in the cbd (near the old bank arcade).
Miss it so much, cant wait to go back & breath some clean air......have a good feed at the green parrot & a few beers around queens wharf

Originally Posted by kaz Hen
Did you have to come back to the UK or did you choose to? ru going back to Wellington?
My hubby also worked for a couple of the big banks in Wellington (IT) he is now at one of the cc companys here and can't believe how bad their working practices are.
KAZ
Old Apr 28th 2005, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

we were on a whv & came back to pay off uk credit cards & loan (v hard with nz$$), didn't want to come back at all, we loved it there, lived overlooking the beach in lyall bay, paid less in rent for a two bed house, than we do now for a 1 bed flat.
So we came back to make it easier for ourselves in the long term, we could have easily stayed, but would have been pretty broke for a few years, this way, we've been in the uk for 1 year & are clear now.....yay....
i worked for anz on vivian street above dick smiths, behind the scenes for them, occasionally going to anz tower in the cbd (near the old bank arcade).
Miss it so much, cant wait to go back & breath some clean air......have a good feed at the green parrot & a few beers around queens wharf

My favourite place for lunch was Shed 5, I worked at National Bank so it was just over the road for me. I also loved CO2 champagne barr and coffee, saturday breakfast at can't remember the name now (opposite this cash and carry place) can't remember that name either. Obviously been away too long.
KAZ
Old Apr 28th 2005, 3:16 pm
Banned

ps_wardle is on a distinguished road

saturday breakfast over the road from the cash & carry place, i know it, whats the cash & carry place called, bloody hell, a couple of streets behind courtney place is that the one you mean ??? i love that shop if it is, cant believe you worked for national bank, they used to try & shaft me when i wanted something from them, very unco-operative, still, they're all one company now anz & national bank.......
am going back to welly working for anz again, cant wait, no shirt & tie, morning & afternoon tea, an hour for lunch, walk down taranaki street & sit on the benches near te papa eating my sandwiches......
ahhhhh the life

Originally Posted by kaz Hen
My favourite place for lunch was Shed 5, I worked at National Bank so it was just over the road for me. I also loved CO2 champagne barr and coffee, saturday breakfast at can't remember the name now (opposite this cash and carry place) can't remember that name either. Obviously been away too long.
KAZ
Old Apr 28th 2005, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

Markk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud of

This is great, no interuption from the people who have nothing positive to say!
I posted yesterday commenting on how ridiculous it was getting, fully expecting to get slagged off, but it was worse than that - they ignored me!
They still kept it up in some of the other threads though!
I can only imagine some of the people coming back to the UK have forgotten what it's like here. To say NZ is thirty years behind is ludicrous really, although the argument could be made the other way round!
Cheers,
Markk
Old Apr 28th 2005, 4:34 pm
Z3M
Banned

Originally Posted by Markk
This is great, no interuption from the people who have nothing positive to say!
I posted yesterday commenting on how ridiculous it was getting, fully expecting to get slagged off, but it was worse than that - they ignored me!
They still kept it up in some of the other threads though!
I can only imagine some of the people coming back to the UK have forgotten what it's like here. To say NZ is thirty years behind is ludicrous really, although the argument could be made the other way round!
Cheers,
Markk
Well said i think youre right lets hope the people with nothing to add but negatives keep away
Old Apr 28th 2005, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Z3M
Well said i think youre right lets hope the people with nothing to add but negatives keep away

Hooray - LOTS and LOTS of nice things being said - thats FAB!! I Love it here in NZ, and its great to read a nice positive thread - completely throughout!!!! Just great. Just hope all those thinking of coming read this thread. I am new to all this but I always try to be a fair minded and balanced argument type a gal - but yep - i much prefer all these positive vibes all together with no moaning to interupt at all - just Great! Oh, by th way - my 7 year old son NEVER wears his shoes now - and its bloomin great to have that freedom of choice - when we back to the UK after our first stint here I had a nightmare getting him to wear any - and actually got lots of negative comments from other people when he wouldn't - now he does when he wants to - and doesn't anytime else! There's no dog poo on ever corner and every street here so its fine for all and sundry to wear no shows, my daughter (now 3) has soles of feet like leather - and she knows no different but living here, I think its great - and yep we can afford shoes for them He he!
Old Apr 28th 2005, 9:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Wow sounds great there.... imagine having some grass that doesnt have dog poo on it!!

I cant wait to get there..... and no Ive no intention of coming back to live in UK. On my last night at work the other eve somebody asked me "do you mind leaving the UK... do you have any regrets?" I said straight away "Nope... I will only miss my family... I wont miss the UK at all" I'm sure they thought I was being unfair and harsh... its just the way I feel. I cant explain it but I dont feel settled here any more... like I dont feel I belong.... am I making any sense? Nah probably not!
Old Apr 28th 2005, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to all

Originally Posted by SarahB
Wow sounds great there.... imagine having some grass that doesnt have dog poo on it!!

I cant wait to get there..... and no Ive no intention of coming back to live in UK. On my last night at work the other eve somebody asked me "do you mind leaving the UK... do you have any regrets?" I said straight away "Nope... I will only miss my family... I wont miss the UK at all" I'm sure they thought I was being unfair and harsh... its just the way I feel. I cant explain it but I dont feel settled here any more... like I dont feel I belong.... am I making any sense? Nah probably not!

I don't miss the UK (well OK Tesco's) at all but I do miss my friends and family - I guess I always will, but you can't have it all. We too are settled here and we have said we may well move within in NZ later in the future (who knows what tomorrow brings) but can't seeus ever moving back to the UK.
Old Apr 28th 2005, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

dlummis has a brilliant futuredlummis has a brilliant futuredlummis has a brilliant futuredlummis has a brilliant futuredlummis has a brilliant futuredlummis has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sunshine_and_rain
I don't miss the UK (well OK Tesco's) at all but I do miss my friends and family - I guess I always will, but you can't have it all. We too are settled here and we have said we may well move within in NZ later in the future (who knows what tomorrow brings) but can't seeus ever moving back to the UK.
this makes a change from prats moaning about how poor nz is just because the tv out there is crap, if thats all there is to moan about then i cant wait to get there and they should come back and watch soaps and repeats cause thats all there is on telly here in the uk
Old Apr 28th 2005, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah you never know that the future holds do you? Nothing is set in stone.

All I know is that this opportunity we have been given doesnt happen to everybody and we're going for it. I feel so lucky and privileged to be able to try a new life living somewhere else.... things like this always happen to somebody else... not to me. Wow I'm sooooooooooo lucky!!
Old Apr 28th 2005, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

Cassa has a spectacular aura aboutCassa has a spectacular aura aboutCassa has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Z3M
I hope it is like that for friendliness and manners its a far cry from what its like here i cant for the life in me see why people want to come back to this place probably to get straight back on benefits, roll ups and down the shit hole pub because thats what everyone does in the uk when the suns out for a few hours,sit outside with there pints because there so narrow minded to be able to think of anything else to spend the giro on

Wow, everyone is on the benefits, smokes roll ups and goes down the pub. Really??? Well I for one do not, neither does my family or friends. Again, really silly comments. Do you really think, that the people coming out here ( do you actually know how much it costs to get a family over here and furniture etc??? - well its a lot. Ours was over £8K ) are on benefits? Obviously NOT.

This is getting silly. Even worse that people are agreeing with you. Yes SOME parts of the great British public are like that but not all. just like not all kiwi's walk around with no shoes. Grow up people. This is like kids arguing in a playground.
Old Apr 28th 2005, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

Cassa has a spectacular aura aboutCassa has a spectacular aura aboutCassa has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by dlummis
this makes a change from prats moaning about how poor nz is just because the tv out there is crap, if thats all there is to moan about then i cant wait to get there and they should come back and watch soaps and repeats cause thats all there is on telly here in the uk
you will find the same here my friend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.