Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

a day out before you go to nz

a day out before you go to nz

Old Jul 31st 2006, 3:58 am
Forum Regular

brackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud of
Default a day out before you go to nz

yesterday, took the kids down to london to do the sights before we depart. i'm sad to say my youngest has'nt been to london before as i dread going. we had a lovely day and took a bus triip around london, they loved seeing the sights and then did a shop til you drop down oxford st. well worth the effort. still hard to imagine there are more people in london than the whole of nz!!!!!!
Old Jul 31st 2006, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: a day out before you go to nz

Originally Posted by brackley
yesterday, took the kids down to london to do the sights before we depart. i'm sad to say my youngest has'nt been to london before as i dread going. we had a lovely day and took a bus triip around london, they loved seeing the sights and then did a shop til you drop down oxford st. well worth the effort. still hard to imagine there are more people in london than the whole of nz!!!!!!
Nice, glad you enjoyed it... hope it wasnt 35 degrees like last week! I forget, when are you heading here?
Old Jul 31st 2006, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of

We are doing the very same thing for 3 days next week. Neither of my kids (14 and 12) have been to London!!!
Plan to do
Oxford Street
Madame Tussuad's
London Eye
Covent Garden.
Buckingham Palace
etc......phew!!

Got to be done though eh!!
Old Jul 31st 2006, 10:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Frenchy
We are doing the very same thing for 3 days next week. Neither of my kids (14 and 12) have been to London!!!
Plan to do
Oxford Street
Madame Tussuad's
London Eye
Covent Garden.
Buckingham Palace
etc......phew!!

wow you'll do well to see all those places in a day- the queues to get into places are often long in summer hols.
We live near Woking so a train ride to London is 45 mins. My daughter (17) has taken to going to London with a friend to shop at Camden Market and Covent Garden- There's an OZ/NZ shop just off CG that we go to to stock up on Violet crumble, Cherry ripe and 'L and P' drink.
Enjoy your day out
Old Aug 1st 2006, 2:18 am
Forum Regular

brackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud ofbrackley has much to be proud of

weather was great, not too hot. sarah, we are moving to wellington, we have to be there by the 4th october, so are planning on coming over mid / late september, just found out that the house has fallen through for the 3rd time, why is it so awful selling property in uk!!!!

frenchy, you'll have a grat time in london, we did the original bus tour and was well worth the money
Old Aug 1st 2006, 6:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

weather was great, not too hot. sarah, we are moving to wellington, we have to be there by the 4th october, so are planning on coming over mid / late september, just found out that the house has fallen through for the 3rd time, why is it so awful selling property in uk!!!!

frenchy, you'll have a grat time in london, we did the original bus tour and was well worth the money

So sorry to hear about your house, we had 3 dates for completion before ours went through. The good news is that doesn't happen in NZ.
Old Aug 1st 2006, 7:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by helinuk
wow you'll do well to see all those places in a day- the queues to get into places are often long in summer hols.
We live near Woking so a train ride to London is 45 mins. My daughter (17) has taken to going to London with a friend to shop at Camden Market and Covent Garden- There's an OZ/NZ shop just off CG that we go to to stock up on Violet crumble, Cherry ripe and 'L and P' drink.
Enjoy your day out
Going for 3 days as we live in Midlands. Thanks for tip on shopping!
Old Aug 1st 2006, 9:31 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Going for 3 days as we live in Midlands. Thanks for tip on shopping!
This page gives you the address etc. for the oz/nz shop.- don't go until near end of shopping day out if you plan to buy..the cans of L&P are heavy
http://www.newzealandshop.uk.com/aboutus.html
Old Aug 1st 2006, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

You poor thing. sorry your house has fallen through 3 x. I do hope you find new buyers quickly.

We mentioned to our neighbour we were putting house on market. She said her friend wanted to buy it...we thought yes right believe it when it happens....the friend came round - we said what we wanted for it, we haggled a bit, all was agreed . She has a cash buyer so it could all happen in the 8 weeks we all agreed on, but we are very aware it could fall apart. This is the tricky part. Fortunately we have plenty of time to wait as we aren't planning to go to nz until next May/June - after daughters A level exams.And of course we haven't got the visa yet!
Helinuk
Old Aug 1st 2006, 10:21 am
Just Joined

Shell2006 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: a day out before you go to nz

Plan to do
Oxford Street
Madame Tussuad's
London Eye
Covent Garden.
Buckingham Palace
etc......phew!!

Try to fit in the London Dungeon too - its on the opposite side of Tower Bridge to Tower of London (if I remember rightly) - my kids enjoyed it - we went when they were 12 and 10.
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 8:09 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: a day out before you go to nz

Originally Posted by Shell2006
Try to fit in the London Dungeon too - its on the opposite side of Tower Bridge to Tower of London (if I remember rightly) - my kids enjoyed it - we went when they were 12 and 10.
And may I thoroughly recommend the Britain at War Museum next to the London Dungeon. They are both by London Bridge Station where I work. May I thoroughly unrecommend Madame Tussauds (or Madame Tussaahds as the Kiwis call it - strange - they don't call someone whose name is Paul, Paaahhll but there you go). It's rather expensive for what it offers IMHO.

Buzzy
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
And may I thoroughly recommend the Britain at War Museum next to the London Dungeon. They are both by London Bridge Station where I work. May I thoroughly unrecommend Madame Tussauds (or Madame Tussaahds as the Kiwis call it - strange - they don't call someone whose name is Paul, Paaahhll but there you go). It's rather expensive for what it offers IMHO.

Buzzy
Oops just completed on line booking for Madam Tussauds and London eye combo!!!
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 9:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Oops just completed on line booking for Madam Tussauds and London eye combo!!!

Has anyone been to that enormous 3D cinema on the road by the London Eye-fantastic,but useless if I cant remember the name.The screen is 3 storeys high. Super.
Old Aug 10th 2006, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just to say we did our 3 day London stint. Packed to the hilt!!!!! Oxford Street for our 14 year old (Push, shove!!)
Madam Tussuad's (Positive experience but so busy!) And a massive ques for the London Eye. Oh let me out of here!!!!!!
This trip has re-enforced my need to escape this mad, mad place!!!! :scared:
Old Aug 10th 2006, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Just to say we did our 3 day London stint. Packed to the hilt!!!!! Oxford Street for our 14 year old (Push, shove!!)
Madam Tussuad's (Positive experience but so busy!) And a massive ques for the London Eye. Oh let me out of here!!!!!!
This trip has re-enforced my need to escape this mad, mad place!!!! :scared:
That is so the case,so many reminders in London why I don't wanna be here any more!
Our last hol is going to be Rome for 3 nights for madams birthday on 19th Aug,flying should be interesting!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.