Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Dad wants to move to NZ.....

Dad wants to move to NZ.....

Old Jul 12th 2007, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

westiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to all
Default Dad wants to move to NZ.....

But his wife had breast cancer 4 years ago and although she is clear now they think that she has to be clear for 5 years before they will be considered.
He's asked me whether there are any loop holes that will allow them to move earlier as I have NZ citizenship.
They are both in their 60's, retired with funds, and US citizens. Does anyone know whether they have the correct info & whether there's anything I can do to make is possible to live here earlier ?

Thanks
Old Jul 12th 2007, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dad wants to move to NZ.....

Originally Posted by westiepom
But his wife had breast cancer 4 years ago and although she is clear now they think that she has to be clear for 5 years before they will be considered.
He's asked me whether there are any loop holes that will allow them to move earlier as I have NZ citizenship.
They are both in their 60's, retired with funds, and US citizens. Does anyone know whether they have the correct info & whether there's anything I can do to make is possible to live here earlier ?

Thanks
Mate-glad she's better now. Can you phone Immigration and ask em?
Old Jul 12th 2007, 9:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Hi,
I thought you could sponser them after 3 years? As for the breast cancer, my MIL had it 4 years ago, also now clear and got residency in March. Good Luck
Carole
Old Jul 12th 2007, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

westiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to all

Hi, thanks for your replies. I can sponsor them but they are concerned that they will not get through because of the recent breast cancer and not being clear for 5 years.
I haven't been able to find any info on the website, and called the immigration dept but had to hang up after holding for 10 minutes !
Old Jul 13th 2007, 1:37 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, thanks for your replies. I can sponsor them but they are concerned that they will not get through because of the recent breast cancer and not being clear for 5 years.
I haven't been able to find any info on the website, and called the immigration dept but had to hang up after holding for 10 minutes !
Know the feeling. Can you email them? I'll give you a number from the Immigration who helped us if you like.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
I dont think it matters so much as how long theyve been clear as to if there is likely to be future problems or cost. MIL had to get all results and a letter from her consultant to satisfy Immigration.
Id say they'll certainly question it but its definately worth a go.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

spoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nice

I'm only going for a 3 year work Visa right now but I had Cancer 3 years ago.

The immigration medical consultant requested up to date scans and a letter from my oncologist.

The Oncologist reported I was all clear and the consultant accepted his assessment. So the cancer isnt an issue.

One thing to note is I gave scans and a report in with my medical. They then asked for the same thing again when it was referred to the consultant. I told them they already had it but i suspect my panal doctor did not include everything I gave him.

By no means the same situation, but maybe similar enough that id say you have a good chance
Old Jul 14th 2007, 2:19 am
Forum Regular

Thanks so much for your responses - I've passed them on to my Dad. It sounds quite hopeful. Fingers crossed !