CURVES - anyone?

Old Jun 6th 2007, 3:42 am
Forum Regular

Birdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond repute
Default CURVES - anyone?

Wondered if anyone has tried this "women only" gym

Im apparently 34% fat, so have to do soemthing, but think it looks like it may get a little tedious..
Has anyone had some results?
Old Jun 6th 2007, 5:11 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: CURVES - anyone?

PCPC (proper choices and portion control) on the food front. Get into cooking healthy meals. Don't drink fizzy drinks, even the diet ones. They're toxic. Water is the way to go.
Walk walk walk. Weigh yourself once a week and journal it.
Get a mate to join you. Support is important.
Don't waste money on a gym. If you move enough you'll get plenty of exercise.

Good luck.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

justinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to all

Originally Posted by happynz
Don't waste money on a gym. If you move enough you'll get plenty of exercise.
Yeh. Try putting a bit more effort into your housework
Old Jun 6th 2007, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

Birdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by justinthyme
Yeh. Try putting a bit more effort into your housework
How do you know my house is a midden? Is there a camera?

I do walk and swim a few times a week, drink water, and havent really put on weight (appart from the +/- 5 kg that is my life) in the last 3 years.

Its just that I like to eat bad things, have little self control and little self motivation.. Therefore the gym appeals as they have agreed to persue me if I dont go.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 9:31 am
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

The problem with gyms is that it takes ages to get any results - and if you're like me you'll get despondent and eat even more. Well, i say it takes ages to get results - for those with high metabolisms and bodies that take to exercise easily, it possibly doesn't. But my body is not one of those - I went to the gym for an hour and a half 4 times a week for 8 months (cardio mainly and some light weights) and lost one pound, got slightly muscly arms and the rest of my body was EXACTLY the same. OK, I was fitter (I found I could run for a bus and not get puffed out) but quite frankly, I don't give a stuff about that - I only want to look slim. I know I shouldn't say that, but I'm nothing if not honest. I'd rather sit still my whole life and look nice in a dress than look dumpy but be able to run for a bus.

Having said all that - I DO go to a gym now but it's a special gym with a machine that makes you lose fat (not weight) fast. I weigh only a couple of pounds less than when I started 6 weeks ago but my jeans are baggier. Don't know if I can run for a bus though.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

KIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really niceKIRSTIE is just really nice

hi

have your tried walking with an mp3 player or walkman, i think that when you have the music on you walk faster and in time to the beat,

also cooking things from scratch helps as you know exactly what is going into it, but if you have only gone up and down 5kg in 3 years then that is good as well so you must be doing something right.

i agree with the weighing once a week and keeping a log, it might also help to keep a food diary that you can link to the weight loss etc,

i am in the middle of losing weight i have lost 2 stone so far but i go to a slimming class as i need the help of others, if i was just left soley to my own devices i dont think i would have done so well. i have also found a low fat cook book as helped with meal ideas.

good luck with your quest

kirstie
Old Jun 6th 2007, 9:37 am
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KIRSTIE
hi

have your tried walking with an mp3 player or walkman, i think that when you have the music on you walk faster and in time to the beat,
I've done that and wondered why everyone was staring and laughing as I went past - until I realised I was actually jigging (read: dancing, sort of, as much as I am able to dance) along. Must have looked a right tw*t!
Old Jun 6th 2007, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mazi
I've done that and wondered why everyone was staring and laughing as I went past - until I realised I was actually jigging (read: dancing, sort of, as much as I am able to dance) along. Must have looked a right tw*t!
Hilarious!

Thanks for the tips guys, but I know the right things to do, its just with lack of any self motivation and a pre programed brain that tells me that sweet stuff make me happy and that being self indulgent is a reward for something else.
Its not going to make me shift the weight I want to get rid of. its only 8kgs in reality.. I know if I did weight watchers (AGAIN) and Jenny Craig (AGAIN) or Lite n Easy (AGAIN)i would loose it (AGAIN) but as the research tells us and I am a prime example 5 years down the road, most people are back to or above there starting weight.
Which is why I see exercise as my way through this, one good step tends to lead to another.
I fancy cycling with an MP3 player and have that as a 5kg goal (to buy me one)
my trouble is IM not really sure what motivates me and i am very easily strayed off the road to health and clothes which slip over my baby belly rather than gift wrapping it.

Im going to trial a session today at Curves, and see how it feels, Ive also enquired at the local gym about box-fit classes which Im told pretty much melt the fat away but you have to work like a demon.
I will also continue the walking, and swim when its warm enough. (outdoor pool)
I will see how it goes...
Thanks for the help