CURRENCYFAIR?

Old Jan 21st 2012, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

madmaori is an unknown quantity at this point
Question CURRENCYFAIR?

Anyone used these before? if so what was the outcome? did you end up with a better rate?
many thanks
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 1:50 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CURRENCYFAIR?

We used Moneycorp. They worked for us. That was in January 2011 when 2.11 NZD was the rate ! It crept up to 2.15 a few hours later but hey ho. Good luck with today's forex !
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 5:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

I used Hifx, I set a rate I was happy with and they exchanged once it reached it.
They advised me I could possibly get another cent or two but it was a risk.
I chose to go ahead at the rate I was happy with ($2.65)
Old Jan 23rd 2012, 12:03 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I have recently used NZForex. It's an easy to use site an. You set up the a/c online and can do the exchange yourself.

I previously used HIFX and they were fine too.
Old Jan 25th 2012, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

Jordan Tilley is just really niceJordan Tilley is just really niceJordan Tilley is just really niceJordan Tilley is just really niceJordan Tilley is just really niceJordan Tilley is just really niceJordan Tilley is just really niceJordan Tilley is just really niceJordan Tilley is just really nice

British Expat members are able to get free transfers as well as the most competitive rates.

Using an FX broker will save you more money than using a bank.

Visit the forum page below for more info.

http://exchangerates.britishexpats.com/
Old Jan 25th 2012, 9:36 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Using any reputable forex service could offer you a better rate of exchange than your bank. However, it pays to talk with your bank first. After that, contact a few forex companies and ask them for their rates and fees.
They will all claim expertise but they are all in the same game. A bit like real estate agents. You can play one off against the other to get the best rates for you & that is similar to real estate agents too. Shipping agents as well for that matter.

Personally I found the NZ forex website brilliant. Transparent, not pushy and easy to use. As I've made several forex transfers over the past 8 years I feel I am in a position to comment.
Old Jan 25th 2012, 11:01 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Using any reputable forex service could offer you a better rate of exchange than your bank. However, it pays to talk with your bank first. After that, contact a few forex companies and ask them for their rates and fees.
They will all claim expertise but they are all in the same game. A bit like real estate agents. You can play one off against the other to get the best rates for you & that is similar to real estate agents too. Shipping agents as well for that matter.

Personally I found the NZ forex website brilliant. Transparent, not pushy and easy to use. As I've made several forex transfers over the past 8 years I feel I am in a position to comment.
They are the same company as Ozforex aren't they? Been using them for years, mainly their branch that deals with smaller amounts, www.tranzfers.com They are brilliant cos the are cheap and easy and deal with amounts like $50 so perfect for paying off credit card bills etc back home. 3 days to do the transfer and their customer support is fab, one slight hitch and they are falling over backwards to help