currency exchange

Old Dec 10th 2013, 5:47 am
Forum Regular

ianrobbo has a brilliant futureianrobbo has a brilliant futureianrobbo has a brilliant futureianrobbo has a brilliant futureianrobbo has a brilliant futureianrobbo has a brilliant futureianrobbo has a brilliant future
Default currency exchange

Hi All

We are heading back to the UK early next year for an extended holiday as our residency has now been approved - Maybe not quite a holiday as we now have a house to sell!!

I have just found ( as you do ) a nice wedge of Aussie dollars that we had leftover from a previous trip and wonder where is the best place to swap to UK pounds. Airports are expensive but easy so maybe I should go with their vendors?

Any ideas?
Old Dec 10th 2013, 10:42 pm
Looking for my marbles.

pippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond reputepippalonghorn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: currency exchange

When we first came to NZ we had quite a bit of UK cash to turn into NZ dollars. We went to the post office and had them converted. They charged no commission. Not sure if they do it the other way round. Would be interested to know as we will be heading home next year.

Have you tried a travel agents? There is a exchange bureau in Slyvia Park also.
Old Dec 12th 2013, 1:41 am
Forum Regular

ianrobbo has a brilliant futureianrobbo has a brilliant futureianrobbo has a brilliant futureianrobbo has a brilliant futureianrobbo has a brilliant futureianrobbo has a brilliant futureianrobbo has a brilliant future
Default Re: currency exchange

Originally Posted by pippalonghorn
When we first came to NZ we had quite a bit of UK cash to turn into NZ dollars. We went to the post office and had them converted. They charged no commission. Not sure if they do it the other way round. Would be interested to know as we will be heading home next year.

Have you tried a travel agents? There is a exchange bureau in Slyvia Park also.
Thanks - will check out the Post Office..