Wikiposts

Crown Removals

Old May 1st 2007, 10:33 am
Just Joined

nellyt will become famous soon enoughnellyt will become famous soon enough
Default Crown Removals

Because our removals are being part paid for by my employer we have received quotes in NZD.
These seem huge when converted to £.
I have a strong feeling that if I had requested quotes direct from UK offices in £ then they would have been much cheaper.
My employer is now happy for me to do this but I still need to know if I'm being told the truth....i.e. are they distorting a £ quote so that the NZ$ doesn't look so huge.

Has anyone had recent quotes from Crown for 20 or 40ft containers?

I've been told NZ$12943 for the 20" and NZ$18743 for the 40" (both sole use).

These seem huge quotes (about £6750 and £4700). I could get a 40" fro PSS for the cost of the 20".
Old May 1st 2007, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Wilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really nice
Default Re: Crown Removals

Hi nellyt. Our quote from Crown (a year ago now) was 3,595GBP for a 20' container. Would have to say that the service we had was great and we liked the fact that we dealt with the same company at both ends - no chance of passing the buck if we'd had a problem!
Good luck with the move!!
Old May 1st 2007, 6:42 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nellyt
Because our removals are being part paid for by my employer we have received quotes in NZD.
These seem huge when converted to £.
I have a strong feeling that if I had requested quotes direct from UK offices in £ then they would have been much cheaper.
My employer is now happy for me to do this but I still need to know if I'm being told the truth....i.e. are they distorting a £ quote so that the NZ$ doesn't look so huge.

Has anyone had recent quotes from Crown for 20 or 40ft containers?

I've been told NZ$12943 for the 20" and NZ$18743 for the 40" (both sole use).

These seem huge quotes (about £6750 and £4700). I could get a 40" fro PSS for the cost of the 20".
Had quote from Crown 2-3 weeks ago. 20' container to Cch. £4,150. 2 days allowed for packing. That was without the insurance.
Old May 1st 2007, 10:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold

We've had a quote from them to for both 20ft and 40ft and they appear to be about the same as your quotes. They are definitely not the cheapest.
Old May 1st 2007, 10:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by julesnye
We've had a quote from them to for both 20ft and 40ft and they appear to be about the same as your quotes. They are definitely not the cheapest.
Crown are excellent. We used them and would use them again. Could not fault them at all. You get what you pay for and they really are great.
Old May 2nd 2007, 1:47 am
Forum Regular

Burt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud of

Crown appear to be a good company, certainly miles ahead of Allied Movers (NZ) Ltd who should be avoided at all costs!

Burt
Old May 2nd 2007, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

jennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lexylou
Crown are excellent. We used them and would use them again. Could not fault them at all. You get what you pay for and they really are great.
They are excellent, Their packers are paid bonuses for no damages to property. They cost a little more than others but you get what you pay for! Peace of mind -same company both ends- superior containers and storage facilities- are well worth the extra.
I've read some horror stories re- removal companies on this and other sites.
Check them out.
Jennie

Old May 2nd 2007, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

Burt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud ofBurt Badger has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jennifer45
They are excellent, Their packers are paid bonuses for no damages to property. They cost a little more than others but you get what you pay for! Peace of mind -same company both ends- superior containers and storage facilities- are well worth the extra.
I've read some horror stories re- removal companies on this and other sites.
Check them out.
Jennie

Good luck with the move I'm sure that you will enjoy the cultural experience has to offer................

There is no doubt in my mind, what so ever, that you will fit in perfectly!

Burt