Reload this Page >

Couple of questions..

Couple of questions..

Old Feb 23rd 2012, 1:45 pm
Just Joined

KristianTerry is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Couple of questions..

Hi,

Just joined up to have a look round and ask a few questions.

Me and my girlfriend are at the very early stages of moving to New Zealand.

First of all, when i left school i went to work for my dad, i tried college but it just wasnt for me. We have Agricultural Wholesale company and i do delivery driving, sales and office work, but apart from GCSE's i have no other qualifications.

Am i going to struggle getting accepted in to the country with no qualifications? Is there no way i can just get a job that doesnt require qualifications etc?

If so what are my options of what to do?

Many thanks, Kristian.
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 9:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Couple of questions..

Originally Posted by KristianTerry
Hi,

Just joined up to have a look round and ask a few questions.

Me and my girlfriend are at the very early stages of moving to New Zealand.

First of all, when i left school i went to work for my dad, i tried college but it just wasnt for me. We have Agricultural Wholesale company and i do delivery driving, sales and office work, but apart from GCSE's i have no other qualifications.

Am i going to struggle getting accepted in to the country with no qualifications? Is there no way i can just get a job that doesnt require qualifications etc?

If so what are my options of what to do?

Many thanks, Kristian.
Hi, my understanding is that if you come to NZ on a visa you can apply for jobs whilst you are here. If you are offered work by an 'accredited employer' you can have said job. But the employer must show they could not find someone who was a kiwi (or presumably who already has residency) to do the job offered to you. But to be honest unless you are VERY lucky, have a niche skill that is harder to find in NZ OR you are prepared to do some job no one else wants it will be hard. Please anyone correct me if I have said ought incorrect. Good luck.

PS job situation in Nz is dire, yes it is worse elsewhere but it is still bad here with lay offs and redundancies all over the place.