Container ships

Old Feb 20th 2007, 1:31 am
Too close to the sun

SirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud of
Default Container ships

Hi all.
I was thinking, whilst walking the dog this morning, as thats where I do all my thinking where our container was at the mo!! it sailed on sat 17th, according to PSS, on the Sovereign Maersk and I wondered how many more of you are also on that ship, so to speak
Old Feb 20th 2007, 1:37 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Container ships

Originally Posted by SirEglamore
Hi all.
I was thinking, whilst walking the dog this morning, as thats where I do all my thinking where our container was at the mo!! it sailed on sat 17th, according to PSS, on the Sovereign Maersk and I wondered how many more of you are also on that ship, so to speak
Cool. Can you track its position as it sails?
Old Feb 20th 2007, 6:46 am
Too close to the sun

SirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud of

Allegedly yes, but the website cant find it at the mo
Old Feb 20th 2007, 6:55 am
Top Dog

sniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to all

isnt that a tad worrying? can they track the ocean floor?!!! Sorry - mischieavous humour - dreaming of the day ours might be on the ship....
Old Feb 20th 2007, 7:14 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Allegedly yes, but the website cant find it at the mo
Uh... not good news!
Old Feb 20th 2007, 11:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Put your container number (should be on your paperwork) in a google search & you will be able to find its exact location. worked for us anyway!
Old Feb 21st 2007, 10:19 am
Actually just Adie

Jac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of light

Ours IS well, it was when the boat set sail
Old Feb 21st 2007, 5:25 pm
Just Joined

irishmalt is an unknown quantity at this point

Have a look at www.maerskline.com. Either put in the ship name or your container number and it shoudl give you an indication where it is. At present it is in the Med and due to go through the Suez Canel on 24.2.07. I think your container is also going to be transhipped in Singapore. Hope that this helps.
Kind rgds
Ian
Old Feb 21st 2007, 5:41 pm
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Gawd knows where ours is. We got details yesterday from the NZ side of the shipping firm, asking for money already. Apparently we need to pay $184.50 for a 'MAFF and Quarantine Fee' for when the container arrives. Has anyone else who's container's already arrived been asked for this? We were told in the UK that our fee was upfront and all inclusive. If this Maff charge seems unusual to you guys, I'll question it.

Mind you, that's if it ever makes it here! I was watching the box when that container ship beached in the UK and the local pikies were nicking people's personal stuff. We were watching to see if we recognised any of the gear! The coverage here made the UK look like it was a land of tea leaves. Not a great impression
Old Feb 21st 2007, 7:17 pm
Too close to the sun

Thanks for all the pointers.I just like to know where my worldly goods are

They wernt just local pikeys robbing the beaches in Devon, people were travelling from Manchester and the midlands to get stuff
Old Feb 21st 2007, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

chay and kerrie has a brilliant futurechay and kerrie has a brilliant futurechay and kerrie has a brilliant futurechay and kerrie has a brilliant futurechay and kerrie has a brilliant futurechay and kerrie has a brilliant futurechay and kerrie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton
Gawd knows where ours is. We got details yesterday from the NZ side of the shipping firm, asking for money already. Apparently we need to pay $184.50 for a 'MAFF and Quarantine Fee' for when the container arrives. Has anyone else who's container's already arrived been asked for this? We were told in the UK that our fee was upfront and all inclusive. If this Maff charge seems unusual to you guys, I'll question it.

Mind you, that's if it ever makes it here! I was watching the box when that container ship beached in the UK and the local pikies were nicking people's personal stuff. We were watching to see if we recognised any of the gear! The coverage here made the UK look like it was a land of tea leaves. Not a great impression
Hi if don't mind me asking what company are you using?we have not been told about any extra fees.
Old Feb 21st 2007, 7:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the pointers.I just like to know where my worldly goods are

They wernt just local pikeys robbing the beaches in Devon, people were travelling from Manchester and the midlands to get stuff
Yeah as a Northerner, our local headlines were of people going down from Manchester/Liverpool etc with transit vans - families all driving vans down and treating it as a holiday whilst they were ransacking !!!

Shameful .....
Old Feb 21st 2007, 7:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton

We used Crown - it was all in. Never paid anymore.
Old Feb 21st 2007, 7:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

We're using GB Liners - they said everything is included except the inspection fees! If any!

Michelle xx
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 6:42 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chay and kerrie
Hi if don't mind me asking what company are you using?we have not been told about any extra fees.
We used a Basildon based firm called Digbys. Not been overwhelmed so far and the old adage 'get what you pay for' is certainly ringing in my ears now.

Will see how it goes and report back with developments.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.