container arrival

Old Aug 9th 2010, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

alchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of light
Default container arrival

Well what can I say we still dont know if we have to pay 12.50% gst on our goods yet, and now they have asked for £600 for ''quaratine fees'' what the bloody hell is that then. We were told about customs charges. Feel like we are being taken for a ride!! Really think there was alot our shippers back home forgot to mention to us!!!
Think my purse is nearly empty and weve only been here a week!!!
Old Aug 9th 2010, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

Lee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud of
Default Re: container arrival

Ahh, sorry to hear that. You must be so excited that your container has arrived then they have to go and spoil it with bloody fees Apart from that I hope your first week there has been a good one so far.

We have shipping companies coming round soon to give us quotes. After your experience are there any questions we should ask that we may not think of? Who did you use?

Hope it all gets sorted soon. Best of luck and hope you love life in NZ
Old Aug 9th 2010, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

alchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Lee Lee
Ahh, sorry to hear that. You must be so excited that your container has arrived then they have to go and spoil it with bloody fees Apart from that I hope your first week there has been a good one so far.

We have shipping companies coming round soon to give us quotes. After your experience are there any questions we should ask that we may not think of? Who did you use?

Hope it all gets sorted soon. Best of luck and hope you love life in NZ
Thanks Lee Lee
Staying with friends so dont feel too much like tourists, been too busy to really enjoy NZ but have found some lovely places, and have great sea views to die for. We used Dorree Bonner who seemed really helpful, the packers were fantastic and made things run very smoothly. At this end its Grace who we are finding difficult to get answers from. In hindsight I would be aware of the procedure when your container arrives, what and who any fees not included in your price are to be paid too. Dont pay for MAF charges upfront, should be done here as cost are dependant on what the want to check/clean etc. Found out costs of storage this end(just in case) and extra handling and redelivery charges.Seems alot we hadnt been told Write down as many things you need to do upon arriving. I thought I had most things covered but it has certainly been a bit of a whirlwind of dilemas and emotions. Will be glad to get our stuff, just need to find a rental to put it in!!
Where are you hoping to settle? are you the sparky??
Old Aug 9th 2010, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

concretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by alchris
Well what can I say we still dont know if we have to pay 12.50% gst on our goods yet, and now they have asked for £600 for ''quaratine fees'' what the bloody hell is that then. We were told about customs charges. Feel like we are being taken for a ride!! Really think there was alot our shippers back home forgot to mention to us!!!
Think my purse is nearly empty and weve only been here a week!!!
hi there was a post on here from bevs, just the onther day about charges on containers,and you should not have to pay anything unless container in not clean then your get billed for that , but no 12.50% on container think someone is trying it on?????????????
Old Aug 9th 2010, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

Lee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud of

Thanks for the advice. Good luck at finding your rental, thats something else I'm worried about as we have a dog and everything I seem to like says a big fat NO PETS We are hoping to be moving to North Shore, my hubby has been offered a job there. His cousin is a sparky, he is also heading over very soon but he is going down south. Can't believe we are both moving all the way to NZ and couldn't be further apart But great excuse for a road trip We have our ITA in now so were doing the waiting thing.

Let us know how things are going. Where abouts are you?