Reload this Page >

Confusion regarding the Extension of Start Date

Confusion regarding the Extension of Start Date

Old Jan 13th 2015, 7:49 am
Just Joined

mazhar.pakistani is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Confusion regarding the Extension of Start Date

Dear Friends,

I have place of offer and scholarship from University of Canterbury and I had to start my PhD studies by February 1st 2015. I had submitted my visa application by the mid of December 2014. My application was transferred from Dubai Branch to Immigration profiling Branch, Wellington for further processing. Now, to this day, it is in Queue and not even assigned to Technical Adviser. So, in such kind of circumstances, can I apply for the Extension of Start Date of my Studies?

Thanks for Noticing it...
Old Jan 13th 2015, 9:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Confusion regarding the Extension of Start Date

You should check the date with the University but usually first semester does not start until the first week of March.
Old Jan 14th 2015, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

garethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond reputegarethwm has a reputation beyond repute

Hi. Youve certainly cut the timing a bit fine. As the previous poster said, Id contact the university. There should be some flexibility on dates for a PhD. Not sure if the Uni can hurry immigration along a bit, seeing as how they have a place set aside for you? But as its a PhD, Id imagine theyd be keen to get you in. Also take into account that NZ was basically on holiday for 2 weeks over New Year and bureaucracy is just starting to swing back into action now. All the best.
Old Jan 15th 2015, 2:40 am
wish I wasn't here!

Sparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond repute

Usually in New Zealand a PhD is flexible and can be started on the 1st of any month - unless there is something written into your scholarship contract. I started mine on 1 June 2013 and so finish 31 May 2016 - so check with the university for any contractual obligations. Good luck!