Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Comparing income v expenditure for Nz and other countries - discussion.

Comparing income v expenditure for Nz and other countries - discussion.

Old Sep 21st 2012, 11:28 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Comparing income v expenditure for Nz and other countries - discussion.

Originally Posted by Expat Kiwi
I ask because I wonder if it's New Zealand you want, or just somewhere where you won't to be too far out of your comfort zone. You're not looking for the lost Little England in the South Pacific are you?
Perhaps Kiwi's going to Aus shouldn't class themselves as having a "full experience" unless they live with the bushmen tribes....

Conclusion: The world is full of people, both native and immigrant, who haven't - and don't intend to - fully experience every aspect and culture of the country they live in.

...not sure that has enhanced mankind's knowledge much TBH
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

phyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud of
Default Re: Comparing income v expenditure for Nz and other countries - discussion.

Originally Posted by Pom_Chch
Us Poms need to stick together in times like this

You think you have a problem. Think about the Pom loving kiwi's. We're screwed.

The kiwi kiwi's will tie us to nearest fence posts and get hunters to accidentally shoot us at dawn for treason.
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 6:52 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Well, yes. Some do see it that way sad to say & there is nothing one can do about that.
. I actually know of someone who feels that very way. It was quite a shock when we first heard the sentiment . I also know of those that have moved their kids from a school because they disapproved of SA & English children mixing with their kids. I just grit my teeth these days. It's their country after all & apparently not mine.
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 7:09 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
You only have to look to London and see how far the Kiwis and Aussies make it out of West London. Seems they hit an imaginary wall where the Piccadilly and District lines meet the Circle Line and never venture much beyond.
I once met a Kiwi in Walthamstow (East London) but I think he was either lost or a rebel
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute

Classic BE reading.

I've experienced enough of the world to know that some people just aren't willing to bother with you, purely based on you're nationality. Thats fine.

I also expect that when I get to NZ, I see enough of it here in London;

I was on the bus last weekend and some delightful chap, for no real reason spouted off to the bus driver as he got off calling him a black c u next Tuesday, signing off by telling him to go home with all the other n****rs

Xenophobia is rife in this world, sadly. Although the above story is absolutely racist.

Germany is great example. Through my teen years, amongst my peers, Germany was viewed as some sort of dirty overlord. Having visited on several occasions I have to say that Germany, and its people are delightful. I love it over there.

I still get odd looks from the knuckle daggers over here if they overhear my praise for Germany and its inhabitants!!
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 9:03 am
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chippy64
My OH and son urgently needed accommodation, OH went to look at a campsite unit, got talking to the owner and was asked if he would like to indefinitely house sit for them . They ended up in a self contained flat, in a luxury house, with use of the pool - all they were asked to do was mow the lawn and feed the cat. They stayed there until the house was damaged in the Feb quake, when the owners parents took them in . OH couldn't get over that these people didn't know them from Adam but were prepared to trust them. Again, I know that everyone isn't like that but we can only go by our own experience and so far (touch wood ) it's all been great.
Dirty Kiwis! How dare they!
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 10:15 am
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TommyLuck

I was on the bus last weekend and some delightful chap, for no real reason spouted off to the bus driver as he got off calling him a black c u next Tuesday, signing off by telling him to go home with all the other n****rs
I have also witness some shocking animosity towards immigrants in London. I was sat on the bus one morning when a girl no older than 16 got on and called the bus driving an ffing black c***. All because she had the wrong bus pass and the driver wouldn't let her on!

I've also lived in Bournemouth where a lot of Eastern Europeans live. A polish guy was driving the bus when he got stuck in traffic. This old guy started mouthing off telling him to go around the traffic. When the bus driver spoke with a Polish accent a tirade of abuse was thrown at him about how he shouldn't be in the UK and how dirty Polish people are.

Are Kiwis like this towards Poms? Or have I seen the worst of it living in the UK?
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

phyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pom_Chch
I
Are Kiwis like this towards Poms? Or have I seen the worst of it living in the UK?
Take the attitude that there are dicks in every culture and if you meet anybody that is anti brit they are not worth the time off day and you're be fine.

I was walking down the street in a beatiful West Yorkshire village holding my wife's hand not long ago. My wife is a Mauritian Brit and has darkish skin. An old woman walked to me and in front of my wife told me a shouldn't waste my time with a coloured girl but rather I should be with a good white English lass.

My reply...."my wife is British i stupid old bitch"

Plonkers are an international ploblem
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 11:09 am
She'll be right

Originally Posted by phyns
Take the attitude that there are dicks in every culture and if you meet anybody that is anti brit they are not worth the time off day and you're be fine.

I was walking down the street in a beatiful West Yorkshire village holding my wife's hand not long ago. My wife is a Mauritian Brit and has darkish skin. An old woman walked to me and in front of my wife told me a shouldn't waste my time with a coloured girl but rather I should be with a good white English lass.

My reply...."my wife is British i stupid old bitch"

Plonkers are an international ploblem
I'm glad you told here where to go! I would love to have seen the look on her face