Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Coming to Wellington in Jan 08

Coming to Wellington in Jan 08

Old Nov 28th 2007, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

rebecca10 is just really nicerebecca10 is just really nicerebecca10 is just really nicerebecca10 is just really nicerebecca10 is just really nicerebecca10 is just really nicerebecca10 is just really nicerebecca10 is just really nicerebecca10 is just really nice
Default Coming to Wellington in Jan 08

Hola! I've just landed myself a job in the ED at wellington hospital and I start mid Jan, be cool to have some buddies when I come out there!! Who's already there? Going soon?

I'm very excited!!!

Whoop whoop!!
Old Nov 28th 2007, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coming to Wellington in Jan 08

Originally Posted by rebecca10
Hola! I've just landed myself a job in the ED at wellington hospital and I start mid Jan, be cool to have some buddies when I come out there!! Who's already there? Going soon?

I'm very excited!!!

Whoop whoop!!
Hi Rebecca & welcome to the forum.
I'm also a nurse, if you send me a pm with your e mail, I will pass it on
to a british nurse working in ED at Welly for the last 2 years.
Also NED will be starting at Welly the same time.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 9:15 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi Rebecca and welcome to the forum. Happy posting.
Have some Karma to get you started.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 9:19 pm
Just Joined

rebecca10 is just really nicerebecca10 is just really nicerebecca10 is just really nicerebecca10 is just really nicerebecca10 is just really nicerebecca10 is just really nicerebecca10 is just really nicerebecca10 is just really nicerebecca10 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Boopy
Hi Rebecca & welcome to the forum.
I'm also a nurse, if you send me a pm with your e mail, I will pass it on
to a british nurse working in ED at Welly for the last 2 years.
Also NED will be starting at Welly the same time.
The system won't let me PM till I have sent 3posts so this is my third I think so will send you my email now!!
Old Nov 29th 2007, 5:36 am
Just Joined

birkinshaw is just really nicebirkinshaw is just really nicebirkinshaw is just really nicebirkinshaw is just really nicebirkinshaw is just really nicebirkinshaw is just really nicebirkinshaw is just really nicebirkinshaw is just really nice

Hi Rebecca and first of all welcome to the forum. I live in upper hutt which is about 20 minutes away from wellington.

I have a friend who works at the hospital in the childrens cancer unit. She has been there for a few weeks but isnt really enjoying it.

If there is any advice that you need i will be only too glad to help.

Lisa
Old Nov 29th 2007, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

carriem41 is just really nicecarriem41 is just really nicecarriem41 is just really nicecarriem41 is just really nicecarriem41 is just really nicecarriem41 is just really nicecarriem41 is just really nicecarriem41 is just really nicecarriem41 is just really nice

Welcome and looking forward to you starting in ED Jan, ive passed you name onto few other Brit expats on facebook working in ED and some Kiwis too so they`ll say hello soon, at least you`ll recognise a few faces when you start
Old Nov 30th 2007, 5:58 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm very excited!!!

Whoop whoop!!
You will love Welly, its fantastic! Now in week 7 of being here and loving it so far, let me know if you need any help or advice as have just gone through the setting up a new life thing here
Old Nov 30th 2007, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

JaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the rough

Hi - we are coming to Wellington in January as well! Just trying to sort out a rental property at the moment...

Jane
Old Nov 30th 2007, 9:25 am
Just Joined

northeners is a jewel in the roughnortheners is a jewel in the roughnortheners is a jewel in the roughnortheners is a jewel in the rough

hi i am a nurse in keneperu hostpital mental health ward which is very close good luck u will like wellington.
Old Nov 30th 2007, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

Here comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really nice

I'm very excited!!!

Whoop whoop!!
Hi
We are comming out in July im a ED nurse so im hoping to find a job in that area! They have an open vacancy at the moment how early did you apply?
Good luck with the new job!!
Old Nov 30th 2007, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

Here comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really nice

Originally Posted by northeners
hi i am a nurse in keneperu hostpital mental health ward which is very close good luck u will like wellington.
Whats the hospital at keneperu like? We will be living in Pukera bay/plimmerton area and it would be easier to work there rather than welly. Im a ED nurse and i noticed there was an emergency clinic with a vacancy. Any advice about the hospital and how busy it is would be appreciated. I dont mind a quieter pace but I dont want a job where I will de-skill.

Last edited by Here comes the sun; Nov 30th 2007 at 11:30 am.
Old Nov 30th 2007, 10:28 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Here comes the sun
Hi
We are comming out in July im a ED nurse so im hoping to find a job in that area! They have an open vacancy at the moment how early did you apply?
Good luck with the new job!!
Well I applied through the tonix agency...they have been fab. My plaqn was to go out in May but when I had my interview last week they said they couldn't wait till May so I am starting on the 14th Jan if my registration is all in place! They reckon that takes about 6weeks...so tecnically you could be out and working in 6weeks!!
Old Nov 30th 2007, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Coming to Wellington in Jan 08

Well I applied through the tonix agency...they have been fab. My plaqn was to go out in May but when I had my interview last week they said they couldn't wait till May so I am starting on the 14th Jan if my registration is all in place! They reckon that takes about 6weeks...so tecnically you could be out and working in 6weeks!!
There have been horror stories on here about getting nurse reg it can take up to 4 months but if you have a job offer it should be quicker. Id love to go earlier but im stuck til July so hopefully there will still be vacancies. Where did you work in the UK?
Old Nov 30th 2007, 11:07 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Here comes the sun
There have been horror stories on here about getting nurse reg it can take up to 4 months but if you have a job offer it should be quicker. Id love to go earlier but im stuck til July so hopefully there will still be vacancies. Where did you work in the UK?
I know! I'm just hoping they will do it ASAP, I put a little pleading note in with it!! I used to work at Sherwood Forset Hospitals in Mansfield but I've been working for Thornbury Nursing Agency since I got back from travelling in August. Who are you going out with?
Old Nov 30th 2007, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

Me and my hubby are nurses we are going for PR so will probally apply direct to the hospitals. I did email welly however they told me to apply for vacancies as they are advertised. Originally we were heading to dunedin and they were fantastic they wanted to set up an interview in Jan!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.