Wikiposts

Cockroaches...

Old Nov 1st 2005, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

shazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant future
Default Re: Cats, kids and venomous spider encounters.

Originally Posted by shazzafromnz
I have been bitten on the toe by a weta..it hurts alot at the time but there were no long term problems..they often hide in shoes and in this case it was on the doorstep,in Auckland and there were trees and bark gardens nearby.
I screamed so loud the whole neighbourhhod heard me!! Usually you see them before you need to stand on them and they do not attack, more like bite when some clod stands on them, ie self defence..they look creepy though. They are a protected species herein NZ. We have alot of them here in Northland as we live near alot of trees!
We also see alot of White tail spiders..so far nonone has been bitten..as soon as I see one I kill it.
My experience with White tails ,(which are by the way a small slim quite unscary looking spider) is that I have only ever seen them in this home and I suspect that that is because we have alot of small black spiders around the home and if my memory is right the white tails pinch their prey as they dont have webs them selves.The white tails take ages to die too when you spray them..usually I see them at night,and if theres one seen there is usually another one within a metre or two away..they seem to come out at night in rooms where a light is left on like the bathroom and the hallway.
Ive just looked up the details and white tail spiders eat Daddy Long leg spiders and black spiders..which we have alot of here.so probably explains why we have white tails. I dont like spraying with chemicals..as fast as you clear them out with the hose or vacuum cleaner though they come back.The last time i killed a white tail was about a week ago..it was on my daughters bedroom ceiling and her outside ranch slider had been open during the day .
Old Nov 1st 2005, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Shazza,

How can you sleep, knowing you have a room full of creepies.
By the way I am still researching info that you gave me. I will be in touch when things start moving again.

Boopy
Old Nov 2nd 2005, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

shazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant futureshazzafromnz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Boopy
Hi Shazza,

How can you sleep, knowing you have a room full of creepies.
By the way I am still researching info that you gave me. I will be in touch when things start moving again.

Boopy
Hi Boopy
I always check the rooms before I go to sleep
Bye
Shazza