Cockroaches...

Old Oct 22nd 2005, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

melting pot is on a distinguished road
Default Cockroaches...

Is there a pandemic of Cockroaches over here....or did they hear a pomms moved in the street and thought there might be some food in the house ( I can tell you...they will starve here)

I have selotaped up keyholes in doors,to stop them trying to get in after catching one crawling though ,opened car door and there was one, hiding in the door seal...Out to the bin....all on the door step...does anyone else seem to keep finding them...or is it just me being pestered by them.
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 7:59 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cockroaches...

Originally Posted by melting pot
Is there a pandemic of Cockroaches over here....or did they hear a pomms moved in the street and thought there might be some food in the house ( I can tell you...they will starve here)

I have selotaped up keyholes in doors,to stop them trying to get in after catching one crawling though ,opened car door and there was one, hiding in the door seal...Out to the bin....all on the door step...does anyone else seem to keep finding them...or is it just me being pestered by them.
We never got them in our new house but had a few in this house but we seem to have got rid of all trace now. The cats still bring in the odd one from outside to play with :scared: . I'm not sure if there is a time of year when they are worse, maybe you suffer from them more because you are in a warmer part of NZ than me.
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

JaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the roughJaneAS is a jewel in the rough

Hiya. My brother lived for a few years in Cyprus, where it was hot most of the time, and they had a problem with cockroaches. Their solution, strange as it sounds, was to put slices of cucumber where they were getting in. He told me that something in the smell of cucumber is totally hated by cockroaches, and they won't go near it. May be worth a try?

JaneAS
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Are cockroaches all over NZ, or just certain areas? Yuk!

Boopy
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 12:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boopy

Boopy

Everywhere !!!! They have native coackroaches which are HUGE. We have had several big ones about 2 inches long, but we back on to a nature reserve.

If you think cockroaches are yuk, Do a search on wetas !!! Now THEY are yuk.

Gill
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 12:43 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gill and Rob
Everywhere !!!! They have native coackroaches which are HUGE. We have had several big ones about 2 inches long, but we back on to a nature reserve.

If you think cockroaches are yuk, Do a search on wetas !!! Now THEY are yuk.

Gill
Yes it's the huge ones that the cats keep bringing in :scared:

Wetas are lovely huge insects (at least they don't fly into your face and lose legs and stuff in your hair ) I don't think they live on the south island cos Ive never seen one
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

Servant24kids has a brilliant futureServant24kids has a brilliant futureServant24kids has a brilliant futureServant24kids has a brilliant futureServant24kids has a brilliant futureServant24kids has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sky
Yes it's the huge ones that the cats keep bringing in :scared:

Wetas are lovely huge insects (at least they don't fly into your face and lose legs and stuff in your hair ) I don't think they live on the south island cos Ive never seen one
Sky, I've seen one in the South Island - at Akaroa, not too far away from you.
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Servant24kids
Here's a piccy and details

http://weta.boarsnest.net/
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 10:30 am
sky
Banned

Originally Posted by Servant24kids
I'd love to come across one I think they're fab. they go as far back as prehistoric times don't they?
Will keep looking out for one then
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Are the cockroaches kind enough to stay outside, or do they get indoors.
Boopy
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 2:41 pm
Nice Tats

Pompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JaneAS
Hiya. My brother lived for a few years in Cyprus, where it was hot most of the time, and they had a problem with cockroaches. Their solution, strange as it sounds, was to put slices of cucumber where they were getting in. He told me that something in the smell of cucumber is totally hated by cockroaches, and they won't go near it. May be worth a try?

JaneAS
Guess i must be part cockroach then!
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

CWEMM02 is on a distinguished road

Boopy
I would like to know too and wonder if these are the same kind that you might see up here in an apartment. When I was in university I rented an apartment with a friend. We eventually had to move as they were even in our beds, never mind the rest of the place. I would hate to think that I am not just leaving my centrally heated home for something somewhat different, but to move from a bug free home to something that might be alive.

Michael
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

I'll second that Michael.

Boopy

Originally Posted by CWEMM02
I would like to know too and wonder if these are the same kind that you might see up here in an apartment. When I was in university I rented an apartment with a friend. We eventually had to move as they were even in our beds, never mind the rest of the place. I would hate to think that I am not just leaving my centrally heated home for something somewhat different, but to move from a bug free home to something that might be alive.

Michael
Old Oct 24th 2005, 1:59 am
sky
Banned

They're not that bad where I am, my house is not alive with disease ridden roaches lol .. can't speak for other folk here in NZ though.
The only time I have ever seen any in the UK was at the hospital I worked at and they were a lot smaller than the ones we have here.
Old Oct 24th 2005, 5:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Are the cockroaches kind enough to stay outside, or do they get indoors.
Boopy

They get indoors too !!! Where in the UK we associate cockroaches with dirty houses, they don't seem to discriminate where they live in NZ, clean houses or dirty houses. The biggest 2 I have ever seen were in the house and crawled over the arm of the sofa !!!!!

Cheers
Gill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.