Reload this Page >

Clothes for Jul/Aug/Sept

Clothes for Jul/Aug/Sept

Old Jul 8th 2007, 6:12 am
Jen

jenjag will become famous soon enoughjenjag will become famous soon enough
Default Clothes for Jul/Aug/Sept

Hi All,
Only 2 weeks to go then we will be flying out. My boxes are arriving on tuesday just for shipping out clothes, books and CDs. My problem with that is that we do not have copy of Visa (am assured it will be here before we go) to show shipping company, will they still take boxes without it if we send it to them in next couple of weeks? Also what clothes shall i leave out to bring in our cases, we are flying via LA so are allowed 2 cases each, not sure what the weather will be like at the end of July and in august and sept, do i need jumpers, winter coats or will lighter items be better? We will be staying in Tapanuka for the first month then somewhere in Auckland after that. Please help.
Jenny
Old Jul 8th 2007, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Clothes for Jul/Aug/Sept

Originally Posted by jenjag
Hi All,
Only 2 weeks to go then we will be flying out. My boxes are arriving on tuesday just for shipping out clothes, books and CDs. My problem with that is that we do not have copy of Visa (am assured it will be here before we go) to show shipping company, will they still take boxes without it if we send it to them in next couple of weeks? Also what clothes shall i leave out to bring in our cases, we are flying via LA so are allowed 2 cases each, not sure what the weather will be like at the end of July and in august and sept, do i need jumpers, winter coats or will lighter items be better? We will be staying in Tapanuka for the first month then somewhere in Auckland after that. Please help.
Jenny
Not long now eh! Summer stuff for LA & warm winter stuff for here, cosy pj's, fluffy sox etc,.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 6:49 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya. Hope all goes well with your move. I don't know about Auckland as we're in Christchurch and I think it tends to be warmer in Auckland but would suggest you bring clothes you can wear in layers, t-shirts, fleeces etc. Although it's winter here it's not quite the same as an English winter in that no-one seems to wear hats, scarves, gloves and heavy winter coats. We came out at the end of May, also via LA, and we packed jeans, jog pants, tons of socks, thin fleeces, thick fleeces, lightweight jackets, kids wear a lot of sports stuff - trackies etc. My kids, as most, just don't feel the cold and are pleased the don't have to wrap up so much before going out.
Maybe someone from Auckland will reply who can be more specific and helpful but hope this helps you a bit.

Good luck with it all. xx
Old Jul 8th 2007, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

minky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really niceminky is just really nice

Its been a bit of a mixed bag at the moment last Wednesday huge thunder storm and showers today bright and sunny.Its not as cold as winter back home mostly I have been wearing fleece or jacket and keep waterproof jackets in the car.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 11:05 pm
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jenjag
Hi All,
Jenny
Your shipping company will uplift your belongings but they will not take it out of the country without the visa. This happened to us last Spetember so I don't imagine anything has changed recently. A photcopy ought to do - we asked NZ House to send a copy directly to the shippers, which they obligingly did - in the pre-paid envelope we sent them. G
Good luck,
Karen B