Clarinet Teacher

Old Mar 14th 2014, 5:55 pm
Just Joined

Happyhammer80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Clarinet Teacher

hi,
my wife is a Clarinet teacher (and a very good one at that) and was wondering if anyone knew if there is a general requirement for music teachers in NZ....
many thanks
Old Mar 15th 2014, 1:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Hokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Clarinet Teacher

In larger centres she would most definitely be in demand, especially if she also teaches music theory. Trinity College / ABRSM are both familiar exam boards to NZ musos.

Schools receive some government funding for a few popular instruments and the kids are taught before the school day starts or during lunch breaks. Otherwise parents fork out for more specific instruments ie flute, saxophone etc and arrange for after school lessons.

The clarinet is such a versatile instrument and I would really love you both to move to Tauranga in the beautiful Bay of Plenty. I can already guarantee two keen clarinet students.

Last edited by Hokey-pokey; Mar 15th 2014 at 1:19 am.
Old Mar 16th 2014, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

Happyhammer80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hokey-pokey
In larger centres she would most definitely be in demand, especially if she also teaches music theory. Trinity College / ABRSM are both familiar exam boards to NZ musos.

Schools receive some government funding for a few popular instruments and the kids are taught before the school day starts or during lunch breaks. Otherwise parents fork out for more specific instruments ie flute, saxophone etc and arrange for after school lessons.

The clarinet is such a versatile instrument and I would really love you both to move to Tauranga in the beautiful Bay of Plenty. I can already guarantee two keen clarinet students.
Many Thanks for the delightful and informative reply Hokey-pokey.
I read bak to my wife what you had written and her face was a picture. she is constantly putting children and adults through their trinity college exam, so knows the system very well indeed. you've just made the future seem more positive.... we haven't yet applied to come over just yet we're still mulling over our 135 EOI points as the board will only recognise my wifes Royal college of Music degree but not her DipRCM (teachers) which is the same as ARCM but shows she studied there..
Old Mar 16th 2014, 8:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond reputeHokey-pokey has a reputation beyond repute

You're most welcome

I've included a link to give you both a taste of what is on offer in our small city.
http://www.tgamusica.co.nz/?/concerts

Tauranga also hosts a popular yearly jazz festival.

All the very best with your plans.