Reload this Page >

christchurch - meet up?

christchurch - meet up?

Old Jan 19th 2012, 1:08 am
Just Joined

wendymcb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default christchurch - meet up?

Hey everyone,

my husband and i have been in chch for just over 18 months (originally scotland -me, and NI-him) and always looking to meet new friends that are new or old to the area!

we both work in the public hospital, late 20's, enjoy going out for dinner, drinks, cinema, coffee, shopping(me anyway) and rich is really into sport!

would b great to hear from you

wendy x
Old Jan 19th 2012, 6:28 pm
grumpy bugger

theghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: christchurch

Hello there,

Pick a pub, a date and a place and tell this bunch, and you never know some of us might even turn up for a pint.

Peace.

Oi BEVs move this to meet ups, theres a love

Last edited by theghostofdustybin; Jan 19th 2012 at 6:31 pm.
Old Jan 19th 2012, 8:29 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello & welcome to our (mostly) friendly NZ forums Wendy. Hope life hasn't been too traumatic for you living in ChCh & that you haven't been badly affected by the quakes.

I can move this to the Meet-ups forum if you like or you could post a message in there if you want. Just let us know
Old Jan 19th 2012, 9:33 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi Wendymcb. Welcome to our cosy wee forum. Quite a folk folks down on the rumble strip. Not me though. I'm up Nelson way.

I 'spect this lot will be up for a meet-up.

Originally Posted by theghostofdustybin
Oi BEVs move this to meet ups, theres a love
Shazzam !
Old Jan 24th 2012, 7:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Mark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: christchurch - meet up?

Hi Wendymcb,
We have just arrived in Christchurch and would love to make some new friends closeby. My wife and I are in our early 30's and are healthcare graduates. If you fancy a coffee and a meetup give us both a shout.

Mark and Anna,
Old Jan 24th 2012, 6:52 pm
grumpy bugger

theghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond reputetheghostofdustybin has a reputation beyond repute

I do like the dancing around that goes on in the meet up sections, everyone wants to meet people, but everyone waits to be contacted. All very polite, unfortunatly as must of us are from the UK on here, we wouldn't want to put anyone out and cause bother now would we?

I would suggest that if you are keen on meeting new people (and not just other random expats) that you make the effort to pick a place and a time. If not everyone can make that time, such is life and it gives you a chance to go out again.

A bit like a blind date, pick an independant place to start with, nothing worse that being stuck at someones house who is all the reasons you left the UK in the first place and spends all night telling you how disappointed they are that they can't buy 'The Sun' anymore, like a pub (or a coffee shop if you must) give people a couple of weeks notice, turn up on time and wait and see who turns up.

It really is that easy, and if you find that you like the people you meet keep in touch. If they aren't your sort of people, enjoy the diversity, its only a few hours out of your life after all.

If you want me to pick a place and time I will, but I warn you now it will not be a coffee shop, and I will be drinking...
Old Jan 27th 2012, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

selondon is just really niceselondon is just really niceselondon is just really niceselondon is just really niceselondon is just really niceselondon is just really niceselondon is just really niceselondon is just really niceselondon is just really niceselondon is just really niceselondon is just really nice

I do like the dancing around that goes on in the meet up sections, everyone wants to meet people, but everyone waits to be contacted. All very polite, unfortunatly as must of us are from the UK on here, we wouldn't want to put anyone out and cause bother now would we?

I would suggest that if you are keen on meeting new people (and not just other random expats) that you make the effort to pick a place and a time. If not everyone can make that time, such is life and it gives you a chance to go out again.

A bit like a blind date, pick an independant place to start with, nothing worse that being stuck at someones house who is all the reasons you left the UK in the first place and spends all night telling you how disappointed they are that they can't buy 'The Sun' anymore, like a pub (or a coffee shop if you must) give people a couple of weeks notice, turn up on time and wait and see who turns up.

It really is that easy, and if you find that you like the people you meet keep in touch. If they aren't your sort of people, enjoy the diversity, its only a few hours out of your life after all.

If you want me to pick a place and time I will, but I warn you now it will not be a coffee shop, and I will be drinking...
Mr bin. are you aware of the Papanui club? $30 a year membership, cheap booze, good atmosphere. Don't know you from Adam but get the impression you may like this place
Old Jan 27th 2012, 9:22 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Suggestion. Pick a place for once a month and state that you will be there, that day, that place. Let 'em arrive or not
Old Jan 27th 2012, 8:57 pm
grumpy bugger

Originally Posted by selondon
Mr bin. are you aware of the Papanui club? $30 a year membership, cheap booze, good atmosphere. Don't know you from Adam but get the impression you may like this place
Nope havent been in a club since I moved over. Memories of clubs in the north east have scarred me for life!!!
Old Jan 27th 2012, 8:59 pm
grumpy bugger

Originally Posted by BEVS

Suggestion. Pick a place for once a month and state that you will be there, that day, that place. Let 'em arrive or not
Oh i'm easy to find, if I want you too...