Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Christchurch to Hanmer Camping!

Christchurch to Hanmer Camping!

Old Oct 28th 2008, 1:06 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Christchurch to Hanmer Camping!

So I thought i would start the thread, so Vicky didn't have to!

Hanmer would be so cool. We could stay at the top ten there, it back onto the forest and is easy walking distance to most things.

Was thinking of weekend 10th -11th Jan. ( we are in Thailand after that for 3 weeks)
I know it is a bit far away, but we are seriously busy and stressed for the next 4-6 weeks.

What do you think camp leader....and everyone else of course!
Old Oct 28th 2008, 7:00 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Christchurch to Hamner Camping!

Why not.

the threads dead baby.

Blame it on the spooky atmosphere around here. The MOD is about
Old Nov 1st 2008, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christchurch to Hanmer Camping!

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton
So I thought i would start the thread, so Vicky didn't have to!

Hanmer would be so cool. We could stay at the top ten there, it back onto the forest and is easy walking distance to most things.

Was thinking of weekend 10th -11th Jan. ( we are in Thailand after that for 3 weeks)
I know it is a bit far away, but we are seriously busy and stressed for the next 4-6 weeks.

What do you think camp leader....and everyone else of course!
Thank you Tandy - you can officially be 2iC!!!
Lee should be working that weekend but he should hopefully be able to swap, otherwise it would be fine with us.
Old Nov 1st 2008, 9:42 pm

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Thats great!

Anyone else? .......

It willl be a good weekend.
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 11:56 pm
Banned

Gandy is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes count us in
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 6:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

Hey you've arrived as an official expat!!

Last edited by BEVS; Nov 3rd 2008 at 10:14 pm. Reason: a little housekeeping for now
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 7:02 pm
Banned

Gandy is an unknown quantity at this point

We are looking forward to camping

Must get together for some Xmas drinks too
Old Nov 4th 2008, 1:15 am
Just Joined

AndynChristy is an unknown quantity at this point

How about a gatecrasher from Dunedin?
Old Nov 4th 2008, 6:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Joshlin
Hey you've arrived as an official expat!!
sorry this comment makes no sense as mod deleted previous post which gave context
Old Nov 11th 2008, 8:49 pm

So thats
Gandi
Tandy
licky
Kel and carl
and gate crashers from Dunedin

For the 10th - 11th Jan 2009

Cool, are we all going to camp or get units?

I am looking forward to it already, it will be really good.
We will be able to share baby sitting duties!
Old Nov 12th 2008, 12:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton
So thats
Gandi
Tandy
licky
Kel and carl
and gate crashers from Dunedin

For the 10th - 11th Jan 2009

Cool, are we all going to camp or get units?

I am looking forward to it already, it will be really good.
We will be able to share baby sitting duties!
we'll tent it - we're going up this weekend to check the tent still works!

i think Alive will be up for it too.
Old Nov 12th 2008, 1:42 am

Originally Posted by Joshlin
we'll tent it - we're going up this weekend to check the tent still works!

i think Alive will be up for it too.
Wicked!!!!!
I was trying to remember their special name.

As an aside, can all those people send me their address on a PM so i can send you all out invites to the house warming.
or email at <snip>
cheers
t

Last edited by BEVS; Nov 12th 2008 at 8:58 am. Reason: Keep to PM or phone .Much safer over an open forum. Thanks
Old Nov 16th 2008, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

so we did a recce trip this weekend - top 10 seems a good choice - cabins and tent sites, good facilities, close to town - bit of a step up a short hill but nothing major. took bikes and rode through hanmer forest a couple of times which Josh coped with (he's 6) - well signposted - came back through town for an ice cream each time.
weather was glorious which added to the experience
looking forward to the 10-11 Jan
Old Dec 6th 2008, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

OK as social secretary, time to get this thing organised!

we should book sooner rather than later to make sure we can all get in / get sites together. I am happy to phone up and do this but can everyone confirm numbers. Also need to know who's doing 1 night (sat 10th) and who's doing 2 nights (Fri 9th and Sat 10th) - thanks for reminding me T!!

By the boozy reckoning at Wiz'n'Ton's last night:

Tandy (tent site)
Andy's parents (cabin)
Licky (tent site)
Kelly & Carl (big tent site)
AlNic (tent site)
Gandy (?tent/cabin)
Dunedin gatecrashers (tent site)
?belinda

anyone else - if you can confirm by Tuesday then I will phone on Wednesday.
Cheers
Vicki

Last edited by Joshlin; Dec 6th 2008 at 9:15 pm. Reason: 1 or 2 nights
Old Dec 6th 2008, 8:44 pm

Well done vicky- sounds about right.

we think that andys parent will sleep in a tent- they are for Kaikoura and they're hard.

Are we booking for friday night and saturday? Cos we will be heading up on the friday.

Kel and carl are good for a tent and both nights to. However they will be up later on the friday( after work)

Thanks for this, and yes we did have a good time last night!

see you in KK
T

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.