British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   CHRISTCHURCH (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/christchurch-793721/)

thintom Apr 11th 2013 11:40 pm

CHRISTCHURCH

Hi I'm tom I'm moving to Christchurch in September on my.bod lol so wann see.if I can make a few pals

Woodlea Apr 12th 2013 3:59 am

Re: CHRISTCHURCH

Originally Posted by thintom (Post 10654467)
Hi I'm tom I'm moving to Christchurch in September on my.bod lol so wann see.if I can make a few pals

Hello Tom,
Go to the backpackers when you get hear mate and you'll meet loads of folk your own age, poms and others. We've got a few young lads working for us who have come over on their own and met others through there.
Good luck.

thintom Apr 12th 2013 7:32 am

Are you on the rebuild

Woodlea Apr 12th 2013 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by thintom (Post 10654877)
Are u on the rebuild

Everyone in Chch is on the rebuild in some shape or form!

thintom Apr 14th 2013 2:18 pm

What's it like for chippies

ChrisWilson7 Apr 15th 2013 11:45 pm

There's a decent one in Burwood (Christchurch suburb) on Cossar St if you're anywhere near. Otherwise fish and chips is pretty good in NZ (also good in Akaroa, and especially as that one has been rebuilt lately) and from what I've seen so far generally cheaper than the UK. Cod, hoki and tahakiri (sp.?!) seem to be the fish options. I'm sure I hear there are loads of chippies.

Persephone Apr 16th 2013 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisWilson7 (Post 10661087)
There's a decent one in Burwood (Christchurch suburb) on Cossar St if you're anywhere near. Otherwise fish and chips is pretty good in NZ (also good in Akaroa, and especially as that one has been rebuilt lately) and from what I've seen so far generally cheaper than the UK. Cod, hoki and tahakiri (sp.?!) seem to be the fish options. I'm sure I hear there are loads of chippies.

:rofl::rofl: not sure that's what he meant;)

thintom Apr 16th 2013 2:44 pm

Lol I didn't want to.say but I do like fish and chips

Charismatic Apr 20th 2013 6:40 am

Originally Posted by Persephone (Post 10662216)
:rofl::rofl: not sure that's what he meant;)

Oh well, with a pocket full of money you'll find plenty of "friends" on Manchester street.

Wessa Apr 21st 2013 6:26 am

Originally Posted by Charismatic (Post 10669032)
Oh well, with a pocket full of money you'll find plenty of "friends" on Manchester street.

Haha.. Not that i know but im sure they have moved..:rofl:

Are we due a ChCh meet up soon.. Been here two years and still haven't met any of you Expats yet.. :blink:

Good luck to the Chippy Tom :D ;)

Persephone Apr 23rd 2013 4:39 pm

No, last I heard they were still there but a little further up.
I have a friend who lives there and gets to see all the comings and goings. Apparently a lot of men in suits like a bit of extra curricular activity early in the morning:eek:

Tom1983 Apr 25th 2013 5:39 am

They all tend to congregate on the Manchester/Salisbury/Colombo St area

Not sure how pricey they are. They weren't particularly dressed that well for my liking

escapedtonz Apr 26th 2013 1:50 am

Ha ha how do you get from arranging meet ups in ChCh to chippies to fish & chips (which id just like to add are horrendously crap) to the comings n goings of brothels lol.
It's like Chinese whispers by forum. Love it!!!