Child Care Issues

Old Jul 11th 2010, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

Scousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to all
Default Child Care Issues

Hi - hope I've chosen the best place for this - I can never decide! Can anyone tell me their experiences of child care i.e. costs, availability, govt support etc. I knew one family who returned because they could not get any childcare. Do the schools do before and after school clubs? Are child minders regulated i.e. like OFSTED inspections in the UK - police checked etc - yes I am a paranoid mother!
Old Jul 11th 2010, 7:20 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Child Care Issues

I've moved this to the main forum for you where more people will see it.

I can't really help with costs etc as our youngest went to a local nursery for about a month before starting school 3 years ago. We had no problem finding her a place and to be honest there seem to be new childcare centers opening where we are based due to the growth of the area.

My youngest kid's school runs a Breakfast Club and an After School Club.

I guess it depends on the ages of your children and where you are going to be settling? If you tell us that I would hope someone with more local knowledge than me and younger kids can help!
Old Jul 11th 2010, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Scousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to all

By the time we get there we will have two under three! Or possibly 2 still under two depending on how things progress!
Old Jul 11th 2010, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Kags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Scousebird
By the time we get there we will have two under three! Or possibly 2 still under two depending on how things progress!
Hi I work for a childcare provider, when a child turns 3 you get 20 hour free ECE, ie a max of 6 hours per day. If you are working or studying you might be able to claim WINZ (Working Income) it depends on your weekly income.

Where about in Liverpool are you from we moved from Maghull 16 months ago to NZ

Any further questions, please just ask.a
Old Jul 11th 2010, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

martyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud of

I vaguely remember 'Plunket' childcare facilities but that was way back in 97'.
Does anyone know if they still exist and what they provide. Not that we need them anymore ourselves.?
Old Jul 11th 2010, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kags1694
Hi I work for a childcare provider, when a child turns 3 you get 20 hour free ECE, ie a max of 6 hours per day. If you are working or studying you might be able to claim WINZ (Working Income) it depends on your weekly income.

Where about in Liverpool are you from we moved from Maghull 16 months ago to NZ

Any further questions, please just ask.a
That's good at least there is something to help you, assuming that you have PR. It's more than the UK - although they have increased it recently - unless this gov take it away! Do you know the average costs for childcare for nursery or childminder at all? Originally from Crosby although been living in Cheshire recently!
Old Jul 11th 2010, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of lightKags1694 is a glorious beacon of light

That's good at least there is something to help you, assuming that you have PR. It's more than the UK - although they have increased it recently - unless this gov take it away! Do you know the average costs for childcare for nursery or childminder at all? Originally from Crosby although been living in Cheshire recently!
Hi,
You can still claim ECE if you dont get your PR, but you have to have PR to claim Winz.

under 3 full time 7-6 $265.00 per week
Over 3 full time 7-6 £147.00 (including 20 hours ECE deduction) per week

I work for a large childcare company, each centre has different costs depending on area and facilities.

Karen
Old Jul 11th 2010, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,
You can still claim ECE if you dont get your PR, but you have to have PR to claim Winz.

under 3 full time 7-6 $265.00 per week
Over 3 full time 7-6 £147.00 (including 20 hours ECE deduction) per week

I work for a large childcare company, each centre has different costs depending on area and facilities.

Karen
Do you know the cost for part time? Do you work for a nursery or a child minder agency? If so how are staff vetted and regulated?
Old Jul 12th 2010, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Do you know the cost for part time? Do you work for a nursery or a child minder agency? If so how are staff vetted and regulated?
Hi I work for a nursery, they have approx 400 centres in NZ, all staff are vetted and fully qualified.

Have been off for a couple of days will check cost of part time, by the way I am not a teachers, I do the accounts for the centres. Which area are you thinking of moving to and how many days?
Old Jul 12th 2010, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

Hi I work for a nursery, they have approx 400 centres in NZ, all staff are vetted and fully qualified.

Have been off for a couple of days will check cost of part time, by the way I am not a teachers, I do the accounts for the centres. Which area are you thinking of moving to and how many days?
Probably where the work is - not until the end of next year (all going well) but only want part time placement. Do you have to pre-book months in advance for placements?