Child benefits

Old Jan 29th 2011, 7:32 am
Just Joined

Aidy and Clare is just really niceAidy and Clare is just really niceAidy and Clare is just really niceAidy and Clare is just really niceAidy and Clare is just really niceAidy and Clare is just really niceAidy and Clare is just really niceAidy and Clare is just really nice
Default Child benefits

Hi, as a few of you have children I'm sure you will know the answer.
I have three young children, will we qualify for child benefit like the UK, or do we have to be resident for a year or so first. Or is it all done with tax credits? We are hoping to move before the end of the year.

Ta
Old Jan 29th 2011, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Child benefits

Originally Posted by Aidy and Clare
Hi, as a few of you have children I'm sure you will know the answer.
I have three young children, will we qualify for child benefit like the UK, or do we have to be resident for a year or so first. Or is it all done with tax credits? We are hoping to move before the end of the year.

Ta
Child benefit does not exist in NZ
Old Jan 29th 2011, 11:15 am
Just Joined

Aidy and Clare is just really niceAidy and Clare is just really niceAidy and Clare is just really niceAidy and Clare is just really niceAidy and Clare is just really niceAidy and Clare is just really niceAidy and Clare is just really niceAidy and Clare is just really nice

That's what I thought, is it only tax credits?
And do you have to be in the country for a while before you qualify?

Cheers
Old Jan 29th 2011, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold

I think that to be eligible for any kind of benefit you have to have had permanant residency for 2 years before claiming.
Old Jan 29th 2011, 6:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aidy and Clare
That's what I thought, is it only tax credits?
And do you have to be in the country for a while before you qualify?

Cheers
We claimed tax credits straight away after we arrived as
there was only me working.
They work in more or less the same way as they do in the UK.
As soon as OH landed a full time job they stopped.
Old Jan 29th 2011, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold

thanks for this...gives us all hope!
Old Jan 30th 2011, 5:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Application process is easy.
All the info you need initially is here:
http://www.workandincome.govt.nz/ind...-families.html
HTH.