Child Benefits

Old Sep 18th 2007, 7:52 pm
Just Joined

anwanti is a jewel in the roughanwanti is a jewel in the roughanwanti is a jewel in the roughanwanti is a jewel in the roughanwanti is a jewel in the rough
Smile Child Benefits

Hi,

We are emigrating early next year, and I have a daughter who just turned 2 years old last week. I wanted to know if you get child benefit in New Zealand.

Also, can anyone reamend a good nursery in the North Shore (Torbay/Albany Area).

Many thanks
Old Sep 18th 2007, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

cathdarke1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Child Benefits

Originally Posted by anwanti
Hi,

We are emigrating early next year, and I have a daughter who just turned 2 years old last week. I wanted to know if you get child benefit in New Zealand.

Also, can anyone reamend a good nursery in the North Shore (Torbay/Albany Area).

Many thanks
Sorry - No family allowance over here - Nurserys are really hard to get places in - I have been here 6 weeks and have still not found one with a place.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

Liz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud of

Hi,

Many thanks
Take a look at this it may help,

www.workingforfamilies.govt.nz
Old Sep 18th 2007, 10:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

dlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of light

And if you're on a low income, also look at http://www.workingforfamilies.govt.nz/childcare-costs/ for help towards paying for childcare.

However, you need to be NZ Resident to be able to apply for these.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

zaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to behold

i just tried the child care calculator and may get $2 per week !!!!!
Old Sep 19th 2007, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget, the claim you put in is based on what you earn in the financial year, not on your yearly salary, so if you come here halfway though the F.Y. you could be Quids (sorry Dollars) in, if you've earn't under 70K'ish.
Old Sep 20th 2007, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zaras dad
i just tried the child care calculator and may get $2 per week !!!!!
We're exactly the same! $2 a week. Better in our pocket eh?!
Old Sep 20th 2007, 7:59 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Many thanks
not sure about nurserys but the home-based caregiver system like childminders in UK is pretty good.
Serach for Kidstart on this site and you should find the relevant threads....
Old Sep 20th 2007, 9:31 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

You've got to be here for 12 months before you can claim, but you can bck date your claim.
Re childcare - we use Porse and our 3 year old goes to the house of a home educator who is more than excellent for childcare. I don't know if we have just been lucky or of all the home educators are as good but I would recommend you look into it. You can claim "free" ece childcare up to 20 hours per week fir 3 - 5 year olds - I say "free" because that's how it's advertised but you an only claim up to $4 per hour and the child care provider has to be in the scheme but it's not means tested and we do OK from that system.
Donna not Danny!

Last edited by danny.f; Sep 20th 2007 at 9:31 am. Reason: logged in under OH's name