Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Chicken and egg. Immigration

Chicken and egg. Immigration

Old Jan 28th 2007, 3:15 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Chicken and egg. Immigration

We have 120 points without a job offer and 180 with offer of job in Auckland (190 outside).

Would it be better to get a job offer then submit or submit without and then get job offer with PR?

Also anyone know the current time lines for PR with job offer which is on the absolute skills shortage list?

Cheers
Old Jan 28th 2007, 3:26 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chicken and egg. Immigration

Originally Posted by Jack The Lad
We have 120 points without a job offer and 180 with offer of job in Auckland (190 outside).

Would it be better to get a job offer then submit or submit without and then get job offer with PR?

Also anyone know the current time lines for PR with job offer which is on the absolute skills shortage list?

Cheers

At the mo, unless you've got 140+ points or a job offer they don't seem to be pulling outta the hat!!

See this

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...et20070117.pdf

Lists all the selections for the last 12 months

London are saying that processing for PR is between 1 to 3 months ( personally I'd wish they'd bl**dy go faster!!!)
Old Jan 28th 2007, 3:31 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers

Thought so. Best get our selfs in a position to go for it then apply
Old Jan 28th 2007, 4:34 pm
Too close to the sun

SirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud of

Hi Jack

we put ours in without job offer with 115 points and got picked then put the job offer in when it came through. then as the wife needed a swift start date she put in a work to res as well and went out this week on that, as it came back return of post. so now shes in Dunedin and me and the kidlings are waiting our PR which DW will then get as an upgrade. slight mess about this week cos the meds didnt have something written on that they should but things should be flying along then. it seems to be hurry up and wait, then the shit his the fan and its hard to keep up with.

go for it my man
Old Jan 28th 2007, 5:05 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by SirEglamore
Hi Jack

we put ours in without job offer with 115 points and got picked then put the job offer in when it came through. then as the wife needed a swift start date she put in a work to res as well and went out this week on that, as it came back return of post. so now shes in Dunedin and me and the kidlings are waiting our PR which DW will then get as an upgrade. slight mess about this week cos the meds didnt have something written on that they should but things should be flying along then. it seems to be hurry up and wait, then the shit his the fan and its hard to keep up with.

go for it my man
I am just filling the forms in online now and we are at 130 without job offer so may go for it
Old Jan 28th 2007, 5:16 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

I am just filling the forms in online now and we are at 130 without job offer so may go for it

Hurry up !! The next selection is tomorrow!!! ( or maybe Tuesday!!)
Old Jan 28th 2007, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

Enfield has a brilliant futureEnfield has a brilliant futureEnfield has a brilliant futureEnfield has a brilliant futureEnfield has a brilliant futureEnfield has a brilliant futureEnfield has a brilliant future

Hi Jack,
Now I know we did it a few years ago but then they always gave priority to those with a job offer and also the NZ employer could contact them them this side and say "come on I want this person to start ASAP" .

I also know that in a lot of cases once an employer wants you they will do a lot of the running around for you and pay some of the costs - alot of engage them agents this side that know the strings to pull

Cheers

Darren
Old Jan 28th 2007, 6:23 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Hurry up !! The next selection is tomorrow!!! ( or maybe Tuesday!!)
OMG

Dont tell Charlie (I havent ) I have just submitted the EOI with 130 points with no job offer. Lets see what happens.

$300 for a bit of a gamble
Old Jan 28th 2007, 6:25 pm
Too close to the sun

SirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud of

have you got police checks, if not as soon as you selected on EOI get your police checks and meds sorted, theyre valid 6 and 3 months respectively but you need the police check starting as they can take a while, luckily I got mine as a work requirement anyway
Old Jan 28th 2007, 6:25 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Enfield
Hi Jack,
Now I know we did it a few years ago but then they always gave priority to those with a job offer and also the NZ employer could contact them them this side and say "come on I want this person to start ASAP" .

I also know that in a lot of cases once an employer wants you they will do a lot of the running around for you and pay some of the costs - alot of engage them agents this side that know the strings to pull

Cheers

Darren
Hey up Matey.

I dont think we will be ready to move until the end of the year so will start pestering employers later in the year. I suppose we can always inform NZIS if we want to move faster with a job offer ect.
Old Jan 28th 2007, 6:30 pm
Banned

have you got police checks, if not as soon as you selected on EOI get your police checks and meds sorted, theyre valid 6 and 3 months respectively but you need the police check starting as they can take a while, luckily I got mine as a work requirement anyway
Well Charlie needs her's doing now anyway to register to work in the NZ health system. I may as well aply too
Old Jan 28th 2007, 6:35 pm
Banned

So how do I find out when the next selection is?
Old Jan 28th 2007, 6:41 pm
Banned

Last one was on the 18th and the website says every 2 weeks so should be this Thursday then
Old Jan 28th 2007, 6:47 pm
Too close to the sun

Last one was on the 18th and the website says every 2 weeks so should be this Thursday then
I just looked at the pooter at about 0200 on the weds morning when I was at work and it had gone from applied to selected in the logon on the right hand side. ps have you registered on the immig. website

Last edited by SirEglamore; Jan 28th 2007 at 6:51 pm.
Old Jan 28th 2007, 6:50 pm
Banned

I just looked at the pooter at about 0200 on the weds morning when I was at work and it had gone from applied to selected in the logon on the right hand side
I will tell Charlie on Thursday then

Gotta go she's getting suspicious

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.