Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Check your receipts!

Check your receipts!

Old Feb 2nd 2008, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Elizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of light
Default Check your receipts!

Public announcement:

This is heckishly boring (sorry). But if anyone shops at Foodtown please check your receipts because the last 3 shopping trips I went on there just in the last week.....3! count 'em! were overcharged. For some reason the specials weren't being processed. The first time they overcharged a pineapple, the special said $2.49 but they charged $4.99, anyway, I let that one go cos I couldn't be arsed to get the refund. But the next two were overcharged by over $10 and $7 respectively. Yes I did insist on the refunds for those.

Ok it aint much, granted, but over time those kind of errors start to mount up! So please check your receipts. I dunno what's goin on with them because this happened in two separate shops....

Ta for your attention and buh-bye.

End of public announcement.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 10:02 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Check your receipts!

Ta.
We haven't actually got a Foodtown here, but we'll bear it mind.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 10:05 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Presumably you did swipe your Onecard?

No....you must have.

Just wondering.......
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Elizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lardyl
Presumably you did swipe your Onecard?

Sure did. This gurl always swipes her Onecard.

I smell a conspiracy afoot.

Or maybe not, maybe it's just the usual sooper dooper kiwi dopey inefficiency we've all come to love and cherish.

Old Feb 2nd 2008, 10:14 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elizabeth I
Or maybe not, maybe it's just the usual sooper dooper kiwi dopey inefficiency we've all come to love and cherish.
life would be so boring without that......
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lardyl
life would be so boring without that......

Old Feb 2nd 2008, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute

Have to say, I hardly shop there any more for the same reason. Too many instances to go on about, but one in particular I bought 2 fresh chickens both clearly marked with discounted price and one came out at full price at the check out. I pointed it out to the operater who did correct it, but that was the final straw for me. I only pop in and get milk or bread on its own now. Anyone who is doing a big shop is possibly getting completely ripped off when they think the offers are for real.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 10:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

dlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of light

Computer errors happen everywhere...

I used to be part of a survey scheme where you had to scan the barcodes of your groceries and input the price you paid - this showed up a price error every now and then - usually to the benefit of the store. Which shop? The wonderful Tescos!
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by planty
Have to say, I hardly shop there any more for the same reason. Too many instances to go on about, but one in particular I bought 2 fresh chickens both clearly marked with discounted price and one came out at full price at the check out. I pointed it out to the operater who did correct it, but that was the final straw for me. I only pop in and get milk or bread on its own now. Anyone who is doing a big shop is possibly getting completely ripped off when they think the offers are for real.

Yeah, I hear ya, if people aren't checking their receipts they are getting ripped off I reckon. I wish I could ditch them too but they're so conveniently located for me and I have to go out of my way to get to Pak 'n Sav. But yeah, my patience is running thin with them, the errors are getting annoying.:curse:
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 10:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dlmckay
Computer errors happen everywhere...

I used to be part of a survey scheme where you had to scan the barcodes of your groceries and input the price you paid - this showed up a price error every now and then - usually to the benefit of the store. Which shop? The wonderful Tescos!

From memory (as I don't shop much at FT these days) but aren't some discounted amounts itemised at the end of your docket before the final total you pay?

In the days when you could buy real bacon in supermarkets in NZ I almost got ripped off when buying a kilo. It was advertised at a special price but hadn't yet changed the price on their checkout tills.

I asked for a supervisor and got the bacon free and decided that in future I would check my dockets carefully and avoid shopping there on Mondays.

Sunday nights you need to be watchful as what should still be on special may have already being changed back to full price.

But I guess their are swings and roundabouts shopping at any supermarket.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 12:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

I've learned to check everything, it seems far more common to be overcharged here, if I have bought something in particular because it was on special, I always make sure they charge the advertised price. I've seen many others checking too, you do have to be a lot more careful. UK shops are so much more on the ball these days and employ people solely to scan and check prices, because they cannot be doing with the bad publicity of overcharging.

Numerous times I have queried prices here and would have been overcharged had I just let it go. We went to Mitre10 to buy paint that had been advertised $50 off, the staff in the shop had absolutely no-idea, it didn't show up on the computer, but when questioned they checked the brochure and reduced the price.

Something which is absolutely undisputably bad here, is the amount of out of date stuff seen on supermarket shelves. The cheeky buggers don't even seem to care that food two weeks over date is still out there on the shelves. They never mark down stuff that is near it's sell by date, which is a pet peeve of mine. Not for the fact that I want to buy it more cheaply, merely for the fact that I wouldn't knowingly buy something like a piece of pre-packed cheese at full price, with only had a few days left before it should be consumed.

Even things that have long shelf life, which you would never expect to go off, such as a packet of crackers that I opened last weekend which were rancid and disgusting. I was totally mortified that I served them to guests.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 2:01 am
Citizenships collector...

urbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Something which is absolutely undisputably bad here, is the amount of out of date stuff seen on supermarket shelves. The cheeky buggers don't even seem to care that food two weeks over date is still out there on the shelves. They never mark down stuff that is near it's sell by date, which is a pet peeve of mine. Not for the fact that I want to buy it more cheaply, merely for the fact that I wouldn't knowingly buy something like a piece of pre-packed cheese at full price, with only had a few days left before it should be consumed.
I've noticed that as well. Pointed it out to FT staff a while back and they were very apologetic They took my details down and a couple of weeks later got Once Card vouchers in the mail OH and I don't shop there that much anyway these days.

This is a good thread though, the overcharge bit happened a few times at another supermarket but was quickly rectified by customer services...who incidently rounded to the next cent up, meaning we got more

Jen
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 9:01 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

That's really bad. Which particular Foodtown store did this happen in? I'm sure that others will want to give be careful when shopping there too.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

dlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles

Even things that have long shelf life, which you would never expect to go off, such as a packet of crackers that I opened last weekend which were rancid and disgusting. I was totally mortified that I served them to guests.
We bought some prepacked cheddar at the weekend and discovered it already had a blue sheen of mould on it... BBD was September 08! Changed at the store with no hassles - they didn't even look at the receipt!
Old Feb 4th 2008, 12:11 am
Citizenships collector...

urbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dlmckay
We bought some prepacked cheddar at the weekend and discovered it already had a blue sheen of mould on it... BBD was September 08! Changed at the store with no hassles - they didn't even look at the receipt!
Funny you've mentionned this, that was the product I was looking at for the past due date on my above post

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.