Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

ChCh Quake map on Facebook

ChCh Quake map on Facebook

Old Nov 14th 2010, 6:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute
Default ChCh Quake map on Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/...30652216985480

This is a fascinating site and helps me to realise just how frequently they are coming.

So sorry for you all affected.
Old Nov 14th 2010, 11:22 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ChCh Quake map on Facebook

That site is the one I tend to use as you can look at what's happening by the day rather than having to trawl through the past quakes on geonet

They're mostly less than magnitude 3 now and not noticeable, had a few decent ones yesterday though Generally life is pretty much back to normal...

The direct link to the site is below:
http://www.christchurchquakemap.co.nz/
Old Nov 15th 2010, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ChCh Quake map on Facebook

I was getting back to normal until the big ones again. It kind of lulls you in to a false sense of security when you don't feel one for a while, then that noise comes you know what is about to happen, you freeze on the spot ( well I do anyway) I still think that we are in for a much bigger one than a 7.2 its just a gut feeling I have! The earth is so unsettled at the moment all around, perhaps I have been watching too many scary movies like 2012!!! The house is making more noises every day than it ever used to. We are not even in Christchurch but 20 mins away in Rangiora. OH was on scaffolding when one of the big aftershocks came and was pretty freaked out! Hope the next year passes by quickly and they become a faint memory

I see that there was a 4.8 off the coast of Welly and Nelson in the night!