Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Changing the filter in a HRV system

Changing the filter in a HRV system

Old Nov 28th 2012, 8:56 pm

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute
Default Changing the filter in a HRV system

So the red light is a blinking, so I call HRV and it's gonna be $285.00 to change the filter over.

On Trademe they cost about $75.00

http://www.trademe.co.nz/building-re...-537882821.htm

So has anyone changed one over themselves and was it pretty straightforward?
Old Nov 28th 2012, 9:44 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Changing the filter in a HRV system

What!! :O I've done one on a DVS which is really simple - remove, stick new one on, cable tie in place.
Hopefully HRV is similar.
Old Apr 27th 2013, 12:33 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Changing the filter in a HRV system

Finally got around to changing the filter.

Bought one from Trademe. Instructions look really simple, remove the duct tape holding the filter housing together, remove old filter, replace with new one and tape back up again.

In reality, I had very little crawl space, once I had the HRV industrial strength tape cut, the housing would not budge. Wife gets me a hammer and old screw driver, bang the bugger apart. New filter gets fitted, put the thing back together, thankfully easier than taking apart, tape it up and then realise the taped the housing back upside down, as the bracket with the straps to support it are now on the underside.

Mutter string of expletives and take the thing apart, again. Put housing on right way, retape it and job done.

Estimated time 30mins, actual time 90mins. Temperature in roof went from 20 to 35 in the space of a hour.

Nice to have beer now!