Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Champions League Final. Where to watch in Auck

Champions League Final. Where to watch in Auck

Old May 14th 2011, 8:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Champions League Final. Where to watch in Auck

As the title says, I want to watch my beloved red devils live in the champions league final.
I want to go the a bub/ bar thats going to have plenty of others in there with some atmosphere.
I know Mad dogs & Englishmen in Glenfield (nortyh shore) are opening up early but has anyone else
got any suggestions of where to go?
Im in whagaparaoa but will go anywhere on this side of the harbour bridge.
Old May 14th 2011, 11:33 pm
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Champions League Final. Where to watch in Auck

Originally Posted by colandros
As the title says, I want to watch my beloved red devils live in the champions league final.
I want to go the a bub/ bar thats going to have plenty of others in there with some atmosphere.
I know Mad dogs & Englishmen in Glenfield (nortyh shore) are opening up early but has anyone else
Stanmore Bay Football Club (HBC), next to the boat club and opposite the Leisure Centre. It's members only but I can have a word with Mexi (runs the bar) and see about sneaking you in!

It may also be screened in one of the bars in Orewa.......World Cup was
Old May 15th 2011, 1:13 am
Just Joined

Sammy101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oooo...there are a few of us that wouldn't mind watching it too. Will keep an eye open for anywhere showing it!! Sam
Old May 15th 2011, 3:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Well its only 15 mins down the motorway to mad dogs and they are doing breakfasts from 6am and beer from 7am.
I'll only have been living up at arkles bay for a few days by then so it would be a good excuse for me to also meet a few guys up there.
Old May 15th 2011, 5:03 am

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sirplug
Stanmore Bay Football Club (HBC), next to the boat club and opposite the Leisure Centre. It's members only but I can have a word with Mexi (runs the bar) and see about sneaking you in!

It may also be screened in one of the bars in Orewa.......World Cup was

I've been to see Mexi. They're doing a breakfast for $10 and beer will be available. Bit of a fundraiser for the club
Old May 15th 2011, 6:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Right stanmore footy club it is, now i just gotta find the place
Old May 15th 2011, 7:05 am

Right stanmore footy club it is, now i just gotta find the place
Brightside Road, opposite the leisure centre. I'll let you know what time (when they've worked out the logistics!) and I'll meet you there, introduce you to a few people..........
Old May 15th 2011, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

much appreciated
have pm'd you
Old May 15th 2011, 11:14 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Awww, nice ... a bromance.
Old May 15th 2011, 9:46 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Old May 16th 2011, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
AL, you had your chance, i did offer.
Old May 16th 2011, 11:08 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

AL, you had your chance, i did offer.
I've been waiting patiently in my office, eventually I had to give up as I needed a glass of wine ...
Old May 24th 2011, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

chrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to all

Hi, i'm another Man u fan thinking the samething. I dont live too far away from Glenfield so may try your suggestion of 'Mad dogs & English Men'.

I've not been, do you know what's it like?

I've not found anywhere else yet, wasn't too bad for mid-week games, but looks like fewer wanting to open early on a sunday!

Hope that boy Giggs is focusing on the game :-)
Old May 25th 2011, 9:18 pm
Just Joined

anewstart is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Guys

Just moved to Auckland form the UK a few days ago with my wife. I've found out that they are also showing in at Shakepeare Brewery Pub from 6.00am. Beers and breakfast (although they could not confirm the food part!).

It's situated in the CBD on the corner of Wyndam & Albert Street.
http://www.shakespearehotel.co.nz/

Mike
Old May 25th 2011, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

chrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to all

Originally Posted by anewstart
Hey Guys

Just moved to Auckland form the UK a few days ago with my wife. I've found out that they are also showing in at Shakepeare Brewery Pub from 6.00am. Beers and breakfast (although they could not confirm the food part!).

It's situated in the CBD on the corner of Wyndam & Albert Street.
http://www.shakespearehotel.co.nz/

Mike
Hi Mike, sounds good. CBD will be handy and the pub looks nice.

Are you planning on going down for the game?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.