British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   catteries in wellington (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/catteries-wellington-346757/)

poppets Jan 7th 2006 4:16 pm

catteries in wellington

i'm looking for a catterie in wellington. i need them to pick up one cat from the airport & accomodate her for about a month, any recommendations please

cottageinthesky Jan 8th 2006 8:25 pm

Re: catteries in wellington

Originally Posted by poppets
i'm looking for a catterie in wellington. i need them to pick up one cat from the airport & accomodate her for about a month, any recommendations please

I have a cat but have never used a cattery, so can't give any personal recommendation - will ask amongst my "catty" friends - otherwise, I had a look round a local cattery when it was up for sale and it seemed superb - Makara Cattery, phone is (0)4 476 9424 - they don't have email or a fax, though. Also, Tasman St Vet Centre has Cats Cottage Boarding Cattery attached and lists vet supervision and a lavendar filled playground, no less!! The principal vet there is often on RadioNZ as she is a veterinary alternative medicine practitioner with some really interesting treatments for things like itchy skin - we took our german shepherd, The Beautiful Bruno, when he was having skin problems - didn't look quite so beautiful at the time! They can be contacted on [email protected] or phone (0)4 385 7773

cottageinthesky Jan 8th 2006 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by cottageinthesky
I have a cat but have never used a cattery, so can't give any personal recommendation - will ask amongst my "catty" friends - otherwise, I had a look round a local cattery when it was up for sale and it seemed superb - Makara Cattery, phone is (0)4 476 9424 - they don't have email or a fax, though. Also, Tasman St Vet Centre has Cats Cottage Boarding Cattery attached and lists vet supervision and a lavendar filled playground, no less!! The principal vet there is often on RadioNZ as she is a veterinary alternative medicine practitioner with some really interesting treatments for things like itchy skin - we took our german shepherd, The Beautiful Bruno, when he was having skin problems - didn't look quite so beautiful at the time! They can be contacted on [email protected] or phone (0)4 385 7773

Have just spoken to a "catty" friend - she has used Tasman St Cats Cottage for her extremely pampered Burmese and thinks they will be ideal for a stressed, jet-lagged cat!

poppets Jan 12th 2006 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by cottageinthesky
Have just spoken to a "catty" friend - she has used Tasman St Cats Cottage for her extremely pampered Burmese and thinks they will be ideal for a stressed, jet-lagged cat!

Our cat is now booked into the Tasman St Cats Cottage thanks for recommendation