Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Cars - Japanese Imports

Cars - Japanese Imports

Old Oct 30th 2013, 11:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cars - Japanese Imports

Anyone know if it's possible on a Japanese imported car to get the language changed on the Stereo?

Got myself a Mitsubishi and all the displays for the buttons and controls are in Japanese on the screen.

It's NTSC format and I know the US is NTSC, was wondering if it could be changed somehow...
Old Oct 31st 2013, 1:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cars - Japanese Imports

don't think you can.
If the car was only meant for the jap market then the radio would probably be restricted and wont have an English option
Old Oct 31st 2013, 2:04 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Justcol
don't think you can.
If the car was only meant for the jap market then the radio would probably be restricted and wont have an English option
Yeah... i thkn your right... just wishful thinking on my part...
Old Oct 31st 2013, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

No you can't remove the Japanese unfortunately.
What Mitsi did you get.
I got a Colt last year with a Japanese stereo and I had no idea how it worked so just swapped it out for a pimpin NZ New JVC double din unit with Bluetooth n all that jazz - excellent now and no more Japanese.
I even chucked the Japanese car manual and bought a used one off Ebay UK with the leatherette wallet etc.
Also got a new service book from the local Mitsi dealer so I can start some service history.
Old Oct 31st 2013, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by escapedtonz
No you can't remove the Japanese unfortunately.
What Mitsi did you get.
I got a Colt last year with a Japanese stereo and I had no idea how it worked so just swapped it out for a pimpin NZ New JVC double din unit with Bluetooth n all that jazz - excellent now and no more Japanese.
I even chucked the Japanese car manual and bought a used one off Ebay UK with the leatherette wallet etc.
Also got a new service book from the local Mitsi dealer so I can start some service history.
Got a 2007 Grandis which has come with one of these integrated stereos in the dash, so can't just buy a new one of the shelf. Looking to get an English service manual...