car insurance

Old Apr 13th 2007, 10:28 am
Just Joined

karenreid will become famous soon enough
Default car insurance

hi, we arrived in NZ on 5th April and are settling in well, i bought a car today and went online this evening to get insurance and it seems I cant be insured. i have a full uk license, no convictions, full no claims, I'm 41, the car is nothing special. I was told that state dont insure people on business visas. anyone else had tha problem? can anyone help? i've got to pay for the car 2moz!
Old Apr 13th 2007, 10:42 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: car insurance

Originally Posted by karenreid
hi, we arrived in NZ on 5th April and are settling in well, i bought a car today and went online this evening to get insurance and it seems I cant be insured. i have a full uk license, no convictions, full no claims, I'm 41, the car is nothing special. I was told that state dont insure people on business visas. anyone else had tha problem? can anyone help? i've got to pay for the car 2moz!

Try AMI – free phone 0800 100 200

When I came over on my LSD ( look, see, discover) I bought a car rather than rent, I was on a visitors visa and AMI insured me, that was on an International licence but I am sure you will be okay. AMI gave me cover immediately over the phone, offered me no claims subject to proof from previous insurer.

You can also try the AA, they also do insurance.

Good luck, welcome to New Zealand and all the best with your business.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 10:47 am
Account Closed

Apple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by karenreid
Other options:
http://www.yellowpages.co.nz/
http://www.nzi.co.nz/default.aspx
AA car insurance
http://www.aainsurance.co.nz/dira/aa...f/Content/Home

If you are still stuck, how about your bank?
Old Apr 13th 2007, 10:51 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure you'll get insured OK through any of those suggested. AA offered us insurance, and never even asked about our immigration status!

Good luck with it, and welcome to NZ!!!
Old Apr 13th 2007, 11:51 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Will prob depend on the anal you talk to ... we're with AMI and they are ok
Don't be fobbed off by the first person you talk to, kiwis are good at putting on this really confident 'I know everything exterior but actually don't know fuff all'
(sorry folks if this offends).
We once were in Bunnings and I said to this guy "can you please tell us where your cement mixers are?" ... he says " We don't sell cement mixers and never have!" ..... " Oh ok" I said and walked to the end of the aisle where there was a big display of .... CEMENT MIXERS

I love kiwis .... honest, I do
Old Apr 13th 2007, 8:32 pm
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sky
Will prob depend on the anal you talk to ... we're with AMI and they are ok
Don't be fobbed off by the first person you talk to, kiwis are good at putting on this really confident 'I know everything exterior but actually don't know fuff all'
(sorry folks if this offends).
We once were in Bunnings and I said to this guy "can you please tell us where your cement mixers are?" ... he says " We don't sell cement mixers and never have!" ..... " Oh ok" I said and walked to the end of the aisle where there was a big display of .... CEMENT MIXERS

I love kiwis .... honest, I do
His other job is at the Pizza shop, could have got mixed up and wondering why you come to the Pizza house to order a cement mixer.

I like to have a bit of fun in stores, you know in a shoe store ( with the missus) the sales lady, can I help you. Yeah, we’re looking for titanium drill bits.

Not being nasty having a bit of fun and as you say, some just look at me and others get it and actually have a laugh.

That’s why it says on the bottom of beer bottles – open other end !

Cheers