Car Finance

Old Nov 20th 2011, 11:20 am
Just Joined

Adamski444 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Car Finance

Hope someone can help with a query I have. We are moving out to Auckland in only a couple of weeks now and planning things like car purchase.

Can anyone let me know if it will be possible to get car finance when we buy a 2nd hand car? We may not need to get finance depending on what we buy but good to know from the start what the options are. Don't want to put down more cash than necessary if not required.

Neither of us have jobs yet as my wife is still on maternity leave and I have left my UK job and am taking a few months off. Not sure what sort of credit checks are done out there and if our lack of employment will count us out??

Thanks.
Old Nov 20th 2011, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

faye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to allfaye_h is a name known to all
Default Re: Car Finance

Originally Posted by Adamski444
Hope someone can help with a query I have. We are moving out to Auckland in only a couple of weeks now and planning things like car purchase.

Can anyone let me know if it will be possible to get car finance when we buy a 2nd hand car? We may not need to get finance depending on what we buy but good to know from the start what the options are. Don't want to put down more cash than necessary if not required.

Neither of us have jobs yet as my wife is still on maternity leave and I have left my UK job and am taking a few months off. Not sure what sort of credit checks are done out there and if our lack of employment will count us out??

Thanks.
Hi Adamski,
Like you, we got a car on finance when we first moved over so that we could save the money for other things that came up. However my OH had a job and if I remember correctly there were only 2 things the finance company needed - employment contract with salary details and a copy of our visa.

I think without the employment offer it is unlikely you will get finance. Maybe you could buy a really cheap car to get you started and then once one of you has a job you could get a better car on finance.