Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Can my ASD daughter become resident . We are processing our RV without her .

Can my ASD daughter become resident . We are processing our RV without her .

Old Sep 12th 2017, 11:18 am
Just Joined

iamlove is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can my ASD daughter become resident . We are processing our RV without her .

Thank you for the information regarding Immigration Lawyer Lane Neave who are tested in processing visa with medical issues, I had similar case my daughter is diagnosed with ASD we are currently working her papers coming in NZ as temporary visa-tourist visa. Our case is quite complicated both my husband are holding RV and for this reasons we are not yet included her during the application of the RV application because we knew that her Medical is not acceptable standard in NZ. Our reasons is we want to secure the work of my husband just to sustain her school and theraphies. Because we don't want to leave her in our country we will go with me as tourist visa and my first entry in NZ.
Our 1st plan before she will be a tourist in NZ and before her visa expires i will go with her going back to our country.
Some of my husband friends advise us why we don't try her to apply for RV maybe she will get in or not at least we tried.
Now our position is we will get a lawyer for her to accept or even give her a medical waive so that we can live in NZ as one family and i believed she will be getting more improvement staying in New Zealand.
I have a question with her tourist visa application I already submitted her additional reports from her Developmental Pedia and according to the Case Officer her report was send to MEdical Assessor in New Zealand and it takes for few weeks for the result.
For my peace of mind Does she can get a tourist visa even they assess that she diagnosed an ASD?
Hope for your kind response and God Bless you all
Old Sep 12th 2017, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

Ria_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to all
Default Re: Migration agents

I'll say this about Migration Associates. I didn't use them (due to their HUGE fees), but they were super helpful and spoke on the phone to me and talked me through the entire immigration process and fees and everything I needed to do. In fact, I made a note of everything they said and just ended up doing it all myself based on their free advice. Their email communication is very good, and they did really help me a lot. Made me feel kinda bad that I wasted their time really, as they were very helpful and friendly.

Last edited by Ria_; Sep 12th 2017 at 2:30 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Sep 12th 2017, 3:42 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamlove
Thank you for the information regarding Immigration Lawyer Lane Neave who are tested in processing visa with medical issues, I had similar case my daughter is diagnosed with ASD we are currently working her papers coming in NZ as temporary visa-tourist visa. Our case is quite complicated both my husband are holding RV and for this reasons we are not yet included her during the application of the RV application because we knew that her Medical is not acceptable standard in NZ. Our reasons is we want to secure the work of my husband just to sustain her school and theraphies. Because we don't want to leave her in our country we will go with me as tourist visa and my first entry in NZ.
Our 1st plan before she will be a tourist in NZ and before her visa expires i will go with her going back to our country.
Some of my husband friends advise us why we don't try her to apply for RV maybe she will get in or not at least we tried.
Now our position is we will get a lawyer for her to accept or even give her a medical waive so that we can live in NZ as one family and i believed she will be getting more improvement staying in New Zealand.
I have a question with her tourist visa application I already submitted her additional reports from her Developmental Pedia and according to the Case Officer her report was send to MEdical Assessor in New Zealand and it takes for few weeks for the result.
For my peace of mind Does she can get a tourist visa even they assess that she diagnosed an ASD?
Hope for your kind response and God Bless you all

You can come over on a visitors visa as long as you have evidence that you will be leaving the country within the time limits allowed on your countries visitor visas. If you don't have this you will not be allowed to board the plane
Old Sep 12th 2017, 11:25 pm
Just Joined

I understand it's expensive to hire a lawyer that's why when we do our RV application (husband and me)we do it by ourselves but this time is quite complicated my daughter is the applicant applying her a temporary visa after that we see a lawyer in NZ if there is a chance that my daughter can get a RV even she is an ASD.
I am worrying now that her Mediacal Reports is send to MA and we don't know the results yet if she can get a temporary visa even they see's she has a ASD.

As a i read for the tourist Visa is not acceptable standard of health i quote:

A4.15.1 Assessment of whether an applicant for a temporary entry class visa is unlikely to impose significant costs or demands on New Zealand's health services
Assessment of whether an applicant for a temporary entry class visa is likely to impose significant costs or demands on New Zealand's health services will take into account whether there is a relatively high probability that the applicant will need publicly funded health services during their period of stay in New Zealand including, but not limited to:
hospitalisation;
residential care;
high cost pharmaceuticals;
high cost disability services.

My question is for daughter's tourist visa does she falls above for not acceptable standard of health of NZ?Pls advice me.
Do you know how much the FEE of the Lane Neave immigration lawyer? you can pm me.
Thank you and God Bless you all
Old Sep 12th 2017, 11:58 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Can my ASD daughter become resident . We are processing our RV without her .

I am not clear what you are asking.

1 - Are you and your husband intending to emigrate permanently to live in New Zealand please?
2 - Are you intending for your daughter to emigrate with you?
3 - Have you and your husband already been granted NZ resident visas?
4 - Have you applied for any NZ visa for your daughter?
Old Sep 13th 2017, 2:49 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Can my ASD daughter become resident . We are processing our RV without her .

Hi @BEVS thank you for your reply
Husband and me granted a Resident Visa this year, we are not yet included my daughter in our Application of our RV due to her Medical Situations (we believe after not included her in RV application we can be more complicated when we want to decide her apply a temporary or Permanent Visa)
Currently my husband working in NZ from Essential Visa to RV he's job is in Long Term Skilled Shortage List as Floor Finisher.
This moment we applied our daughter as Tourist Visa and her Medical Reports is already submitted to MA.
The INZ in our country required her to do the EMedical Exam even we applied her tourist visa less than 6months. He told me she is a candidate for RV application that's why he required her to do the Medical Exam.
Now my worry is if she can get a tourist visa as this moment?
And how big her a chance to get a permanent visa in this situation?
Do you advise me to hire a lawyer as this moment or after we received her Tourist Visa decision.
Kindly advise me and if you can see if we can depend her without using a Lawyer
for us not to spend much money because we had a limited budget at this moment.
But if you think we need to hire a Lawyer because the situation is complicated we will do it your advice
Hope for your kind response and advice.

God Bless You all

Last edited by iamlove; Sep 13th 2017 at 2:52 am.
Old Sep 13th 2017, 4:06 am
`

How old is your daughter?

Is she dependent on you as parents?
Old Sep 13th 2017, 4:16 am
Just Joined

Hi Bevs she is 8yrs old and she is dependent on us.
Old Sep 13th 2017, 4:59 am
Just Joined

Hi dorothy we are not leaving her currently I'm still here in our country and she will be going with me once her tourist visa granted.
I'm on my 1st entry in NZ as immigrant this year she will be with me.
We are trying our luck if she can get a permanent visa while in NZ if not i will be exit NZ as well to go back in our country.
Old Sep 13th 2017, 5:01 am
`

The INZ in our country required her to do the EMedical Exam even we applied her tourist visa less than 6months. He told me she is a candidate for RV application that's why he required her to do the Medical Exam.
He is wise .

Really , you should have included her when you both applied for your own NZ visas. Not to have done so will have appeared odd s you intend for her to remain with you.

My thought - it is NOT advice - is that you wait the outcome of the medical assessment. Be prepared. NZ may require more reports and assessments from you.

How autistic is your daughter?

Is she in mainstream school?

If so, is that without help?

I have worked with autistic children so know it can vary widely.

The standard of health requirement for those on any temporary visa is different to those wanting to become NZ resident.

Even if she is granted her visa to be with you in New Zealand, once you apply to be NZ resident you would still have to prove once again she meets the NZ health requirement.

What does anyone else think?
Old Sep 13th 2017, 5:06 am
`

We are trying our luck if she can get a permanent visa while in NZ
It will make no difference at all if you are all in New Zealand or not.

What will be looked at for a permanent resident visa will be if she will cost New Zealand any money year by year.

For a temporary visa , it is a bit different but NZ immigration will still be looking to see if she will be needing NZ help in some way.

If she is able to look after herself relatively well with some guidance and does not require one to one adult help & monitoring in mainstream school then it may be OK.

However once you decided to go for a resident visa , NZ immigration would once again be looking to see if she would in any way whatsoever cost NZ money short term or long term.
Old Sep 13th 2017, 5:25 am
Just Joined

Thank you for your kind advice Ms Bevs.
We are now on one step at a time, we will waiting for the result of Medical Assessor and your right we need to be ready for the follow up questions they will be going to ask.
My thoughts right now is to ask a Lawyer about our situation in a way they will help us to sort out this things.
I read a lot of article about not granting a RV those people imposing a high cost to NZ.
But we are still stood our faith to the Lord that our desire and plan to my daughter will be possible.
Does anybody have an idea granting a humanitarian or comapssionate grounds.
Thank you all for your kind advice.
Old Sep 13th 2017, 5:38 am
`

Does anybody have an idea granting a humanitarian or comapssionate grounds
Forget that idea. It is not a goer.

I already submitted her additional reports from her Developmental Pedia
What is that ? Is it a educational psychologist ?

Google translate = pang-edukasyon na sikologo

Last edited by BEVS; Sep 13th 2017 at 5:43 am.
Old Sep 13th 2017, 5:52 am
`

I feel you need to look at your daughter's autism and candidly see how far on the spectrum she is.
If you know she is unable to attend a mainstream school without special help , then you know she is unlikely to fulfill the health requirements. There will be no getting around this with or without a lawyer.

If she is on the mild end , then you are in with a shot provided you can prove that. you do that with top end consultants reports and other evidence to show that she is able even though on the spectrum.

Here is what the NZ manual states as NOT acceptable for a resident class visa.

A4.10.1 Medical conditions deemed to impose significant costs and/or demands on New Zealand's health and/or education services

Severe developmental disorders or severe cognitive impairments where significant support is required, including but not exclusive to:

physical disability
intellectual disability
autistic spectrum disorders
brain injury
A4.10.5 Assessment of whether an applicant for a residence class visa is unlikely to impose significant costs on New Zealand's special education services.

The requirement that an applicant for a residence class visa must be unlikely to impose significant costs on New Zealand's special education services is not met if the Ministry of Education (MoE) has determined that there is a relatively high probability that the applicant's physical, intellectual, or sensory condition or their use of language and social communication would entitle them to Ongoing Resourcing Scheme (ORS) funding.
Where it has been determined that there is a relatively high probability that an applicant would be entitled to ORS funding, the following factors have no bearing on whether an applicant is unlikely to impose significant costs on New Zealand’s special education services:
The ability of a person or organisation to pay for education services.
The ability of a person to provide in-home education services.
Which is why I asked if your lovely daughter is able to manage in mainstream school.
Old Sep 13th 2017, 5:52 am
Just Joined

Hi Bevs it a Pedia Developmental Doctor is a:
advanced specialty training in the physical, emotional, behavioral and social development of children.
Im trying to sort out things and hire a Lawyer for my daughter.
What ever decision INZ grant we will accept it becuase our God has a best plan for our family.
But for the mean time we will do our best for the better future of my daughter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.