Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

can anyone help me with travel between Waitakere and Auckland City

can anyone help me with travel between Waitakere and Auckland City

Old Jan 30th 2006, 6:09 pm
MRJ

Pampellone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default can anyone help me with travel between Waitakere and Auckland City

I was told last week that i am no longer working in Waitakere City but in Grey Lynn, Auckland City. Now I must admit that I know nothing about these areas so I actually thought Grey Lynn was in Waitakere Area.

Do you think it is possible to work in Grey Lynn and commute within 20 mins to say New Lynn or Mount Roskill and around that area or should I be looking even closer.??? HELP!!!!

Any replies welcomed Marie-Rose = 1 month to go
Old Jan 30th 2006, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: can anyone help me with travel between Waitakere and Auckland City

Originally Posted by Pampellone
I was told last week that i am no longer working in Waitakere City but in Grey Lynn, Auckland City. Now I must admit that I know nothing about these areas so I actually thought Grey Lynn was in Waitakere Area.

Do you think it is possible to work in Grey Lynn and commute within 20 mins to say New Lynn or Mount Roskill and around that area or should I be looking even closer.??? HELP!!!!

Any replies welcomed Marie-Rose = 1 month to go
Grey Lynn is in Auckland City, just west of the CBD, but still regarded as Central Auckland.

Im not sure about the commute to New Lynn, but certainly Mt Roskill is not too far. Mt Roskill is also in Auckland, not Waitakere though.

Te Atatu or Te Atatu Peninsula would be a good option too, depends on your budget and what type of house you are looking for. The closer you get to Grey lynn the more expensive it becomes. Mt Eden has some good Townhouses, Kingsland is an up and coming area maybe not too expensive yet, or look at Pt Chevalier, Westmere or St Lukes, all close to Grey Lynn.

Grey Lynn itself, Ponsonby and Herne Bay are also options, but more expensive.

look on wises.co.nz for an online map of Auckland.

Interesting titbit about Waitakere, you are not allowed to buy alcohol from supermarkets in Waitakere, only from liquor stores...
Old Jan 31st 2006, 1:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: can anyone help me with travel between Waitakere and Auckland City

Originally Posted by newkiwi

Interesting titbit about Waitakere, you are not allowed to buy alcohol from supermarkets in Waitakere, only from liquor stores...

Apparently the good people of Waitakere have a vote every so often to say yes or no to alcohol in the supermarkets, invariably the response is always no.

Also once a year the collective liquor stores make a gratuity to every household in Waitakere of some gift. I believe one year it was child car seats, another year it was a kitchen fire blanket, another year it was a first aid kit.