Reload this Page >

Can any body help?

Can any body help?

Old Feb 2nd 2005, 5:56 pm
Just Joined

joana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can any body help?

Can anybody give us some advice?

I am a Rgistered General Nurse and A Sick Childrens nurse i qualified in 1991 as an RGN and 1994 as a RSCN.
My husband is a Pipe Fitter Welder but has no qualifications although he has been doing it since he was 15 and is now 35.

I contacted an agency through The Nursing times and they have been in contact.
She has worked it out that we have 120 points if we were to put in an EOI and has advised us to go with a work visa for me and have the EOI ticking along side.(this worries me as what if we were not excepted when the work visa ran out)
Because we have 2 children age 7 and 9 i have either took part-time work or worked as an Agency Nurse which she seems to think goes against us. At the moment i am working as a School Nurse but have only been in this job 9 months.Any advice would be great.
Jo and Phil
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 7:34 pm

scottish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can any body help?

Dont worry you will get accepted and if there is a delay you can get an extension to your work visa.

Try this site *****.co.uk ... loads of expats and people going through the process.
Old Feb 4th 2005, 3:33 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can any body help?

Originally Posted by joana
Can anybody give us some advice?

I am a Rgistered General Nurse and A Sick Childrens nurse i qualified in 1991 as an RGN and 1994 as a RSCN.
My husband is a Pipe Fitter Welder but has no qualifications although he has been doing it since he was 15 and is now 35.

I contacted an agency through The Nursing times and they have been in contact.
She has worked it out that we have 120 points if we were to put in an EOI and has advised us to go with a work visa for me and have the EOI ticking along side.(this worries me as what if we were not excepted when the work visa ran out)
Because we have 2 children age 7 and 9 i have either took part-time work or worked as an Agency Nurse which she seems to think goes against us. At the moment i am working as a School Nurse but have only been in this job 9 months.Any advice would be great.
Jo and Phil
Why not keep things simple, sort out your immigration visas first - then migrate?

Presumably you're aware you'll need to wait at least 5 years for NZ citizenship - it's only two years in most cases in Australia.

Jeremy
Old Feb 4th 2005, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

joana is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Can any body help?

Thanks for the advice we will just try our luck in the EOI pool and see how things go.
I know citizenship is easier to come by in Australia but i have family in New Zealand and think it would be better for our family.
Joana