campervans

Old May 13th 2005, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

frecka is on a distinguished road
Default campervans

Hi
Tis been a while since I posted - ain't it a shame how real life manages to bleed into holiday planning!
Just a quick question to the helpful peeps - i have done a forum search for this and no results - but sorry anyway if I am somehow creating a repetitive thread.
We have booked our tickets :-) sheading off on September 3rd for 3 weeks, with a stopover in Singapore can't wait and even my empty bank account can't keep the smile from my face.
We have decided to go for the campervan option. Trailfinders are keen for us to book through them, but i am reluctant to commit before I consult with individuals who have done this before - is booking Maui through Trailfinders the best option - £36 per day for 2 berth with loo and shower? Or are there local firms who do this? more reasonably or just to give the trade to locals

many thanks

f
Old May 13th 2005, 10:41 am
enilorac

Default Re: campervans

Originally Posted by frecka
Hi
Tis been a while since I posted - ain't it a shame how real life manages to bleed into holiday planning!
Just a quick question to the helpful peeps - i have done a forum search for this and no results - but sorry anyway if I am somehow creating a repetitive thread.
We have booked our tickets :-) sheading off on September 3rd for 3 weeks, with a stopover in Singapore can't wait and even my empty bank account can't keep the smile from my face.
We have decided to go for the campervan option. Trailfinders are keen for us to book through them, but i am reluctant to commit before I consult with individuals who have done this before - is booking Maui through Trailfinders the best option - £36 per day for 2 berth with loo and shower? Or are there local firms who do this? more reasonably or just to give the trade to locals

many thanks

f
We are planning to do the full tour top to bottom and back again if we are lucky enough to get the nod and have been considering the campervan option too... I don't know what these people are like so can't personally recommend them or anything as haven't used them yet but we got some details from www.nzmotorhomes.co.nz - lovely brochure and reasonable prices - slightly cheaper if booked direct rather than through trailfinders I think I found - stand to be corrected if I'm wrong -....hope this helps...a google search on campervans in new zealand will bring up stacks of info for you....

Caroline

Old May 13th 2005, 7:59 pm
scoobydoo

Default Re: campervans

Originally Posted by frecka
Hi

many thanks

f

We recently did 3 weeks round the North and South island in a 2/3 berth Britz van...me, husband and 7 year old. It was a bit of a squeeze but we overlooked that as we were so busy and had a great time!

We booked from Australia so I can't do a price comparason for you. I would say though not to bother with the shower and loo if you want to cut costs as some of the campsites are so well equiped that you don't need them. If you are going to do Conservation site stops though you may need the loo etc!

We did not look into local firms but the roads did seem to be dominated by Britz, Maui etc. The difference in prices seemed to depend on whether the van was carpeted and other silly things like that!!!! Go for the cheapest with unlimited mileage and I.m sure it will be great!

Very jealous as could do that holiday many times over!

Have a good trip!