Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Calling all nurses

Calling all nurses

Old Oct 24th 2007, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

Animal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to all
Default Calling all nurses

Hi we are hopefully coming out to NZ in 2 years time for which I will have an HND in adult nursing and have 2 years experience. Can I ask if any of you have gone out there with the same qualifications or do they prefer a degree. What do or have they asked for when applying for posts within the hospitals around NZ??? Thank you!!!
Old Oct 24th 2007, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

Here comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really nice
Smile Re: Calling all nurses

Hi,
My hubby has a diploma and we are waiting for our registation to come through as we have been told we will both get written job offers when the hospital recieves this. From what ive read on other threads and in job adverts it doesnt matter as long as you are qualified!!!
Old Oct 24th 2007, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

Animal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to allAnimal Crackers is a name known to all
Default Re: Calling all nurses

Originally Posted by Here comes the sun
Hi,
My hubby has a diploma and we are waiting for our registation to come through as we have been told we will both get written job offers when the hospital recieves this. From what ive read on other threads and in job adverts it doesnt matter as long as you are qualified!!!

Thanks you've put my mind at rest a little now. It's just that I have got chance to do my Bsc this year alongside my HND but I will be under great pressure if I did. Both mentally and financially :curse:as my OH is also a full time student (both mature) and I want to enjoy the last bit of my training along with planning our new lives in NZ.Is it Welli hospital that you've both found jobs?
Old Oct 24th 2007, 4:36 pm
s3r3

s3r3 will become famous soon enoughs3r3 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Animal Crackers
Hi we are hopefully coming out to NZ in 2 years time for which I will have an HND in adult nursing and have 2 years experience. Can I ask if any of you have gone out there with the same qualifications or do they prefer a degree. What do or have they asked for when applying for posts within the hospitals around NZ??? Thank you!!!
Hi My hubby & I are both nurses I'm general his mental health. We qualified few years ago!! & both have certificates but i did go on to complete my BSc(hons) few years ago & we've both registered no problem!!

Good Luck
Old Oct 24th 2007, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by s3r3
Hi My hubby & I are both nurses I'm general his mental health. We qualified few years ago!! & both have certificates but i did go on to complete my BSc(hons) few years ago & we've both registered no problem!!

Good Luck
When are you hoping to go out and where?
Old Oct 24th 2007, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

Here comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really nice

Thanks you've put my mind at rest a little now. It's just that I have got chance to do my Bsc this year alongside my HND but I will be under great pressure if I did. Both mentally and financially :curse:as my OH is also a full time student (both mature) and I want to enjoy the last bit of my training along with planning our new lives in NZ.Is it Welli hospital that you've both found jobs?
We did look at welly but we are going to Dunedin, they have a lot of vacancies which is great for us, but not so great for the population of Dunedin!!
We both like skiing and boarding (dont get the chance now we've got a daughter) and wanaka/queenstown is only 3 hours away, plus accomodation is cheaper than the more popular places. Its a big student city so at least the population is young (less bums to clean!!)
Old Oct 24th 2007, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

We did look at welly but we are going to Dunedin, they have a lot of vacancies which is great for us, but not so great for the population of Dunedin!!
We both like skiing and boarding (dont get the chance now we've got a daughter) and wanaka/queenstown is only 3 hours away, plus accomodation is cheaper than the more popular places. Its a big student city so at least the population is young (less bums to clean!!)
I've sent you a pm
Old Oct 25th 2007, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
That's right. Any nurse qualification will get you a job here.
Old Oct 29th 2007, 9:56 pm
Just Joined

joshgifford will become famous soon enoughjoshgifford will become famous soon enough

I qualified in September 2006 as a Childrens Nurse (BSc Hons). I attended the Expo in London October 2006 and was given a provisional job offer on the understanding that I gained a years experience.

We are emigrating to Hamilton in two weeks time and I am starting work on NICU in December.

A word of advice, get your New Zealand nursing registration before you apply for your visas. We handed in everything apart from the registration in January 07, if took until June for it to arrive. I was under the impression that you needed at least six months experience before you could apply which is why I waited, however this is not the case.

Good luck and hope all goes well for you.

Mandy
Old Oct 30th 2007, 5:38 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joshgifford
I qualified in September 2006 as a Childrens Nurse (BSc Hons). I attended the Expo in London October 2006 and was given a provisional job offer on the understanding that I gained a years experience.

We are emigrating to Hamilton in two weeks time and I am starting work on NICU in December.

A word of advice, get your New Zealand nursing registration before you apply for your visas. We handed in everything apart from the registration in January 07, if took until June for it to arrive. I was under the impression that you needed at least six months experience before you could apply which is why I waited, however this is not the case.

Mandy
Come and buy my house Mandy!
Old Oct 30th 2007, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

zaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to behold

That's right. Any nurse qualification will get you a job here.
even without any experience? Ive seen on other forums that most places want 1 or 2 years experience before they will entertain an application. Hope this isnt the case as my sister has just started her nursing hnd/degree in manchester
Old Oct 30th 2007, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by joshgifford

Mandy
Thanks for all the great advise, I will have at least 1 years experience before going out!! and I will get my NZ registration sent off as soon as I get my pin. That way it saves a bit of time. God this emmigrating is certainly a rollercoaster of emotions and we haven't really started the process yet!! I think I'll be stocking well up on wine this will then be my sanity juice!!!
Old Oct 30th 2007, 5:37 pm
s3r3

s3r3 will become famous soon enoughs3r3 will become famous soon enough

Thanks for all the great advise, I will have at least 1 years experience before going out!! and I will get my NZ registration sent off as soon as I get my pin. That way it saves a bit of time. God this emmigrating is certainly a rollercoaster of emotions and we haven't really started the process yet!! I think I'll be stocking well up on wine this will then be my sanity juice!!!
May I suggest a nice New Zealand Sauvy Blanc!!!!
Old Oct 30th 2007, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by s3r3
May I suggest a nice New Zealand Sauvy Blanc!!!!

Anything would do as long as it's wet and contains alcohol
Old Oct 30th 2007, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

joshgifford will become famous soon enoughjoshgifford will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by karonious
Come and buy my house Mandy!
how big is it ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.