Bugs

Old Jun 26th 2010, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

Wilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to all
Default Bugs

My Daughter Hollie is 8 and is obsessed with Bugs (The Insect Kind) so i am wondering if you can tell me if she will or wont be disappointed.

We like the look of the North Canterbury area, will there be Bugs for her the larger the better
Old Jun 26th 2010, 11:42 am
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bugs

Can't speak for the South Island but where we are we get loads of insects. Spiders, Weta's, Praying Mantis and Stick Insects to name but a few

This do you??

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by sirplug; Jun 26th 2010 at 11:45 am.
Old Jun 26th 2010, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

dorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to alldorrick is a name known to all

more than enough !

http://www.landcareresearch.co.nz/re..._taxonomic.asp
Old Jun 26th 2010, 11:54 am
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dorrick
I'll avoid showing this the wife and daughter! My son may have different ideas
Old Jun 26th 2010, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

Wilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to all

Lovely
Old Jun 27th 2010, 4:44 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

Your daughter is going to love it here! And the good news is most of the wee buggy things aren't poisonous. Perhaps don't play with white tail spiders though.

We've got praying mantis all over the place

this one got her lipstick on a wee bit squint!

pretty wee shield beetles

you'll see lots of cicada skins around the place and if she creeps up very slowly when you hear a cicada in the summer she'll probably see live ones!

loads of spiders

and wetas

I'm not a huge bug fan, but I do like taking pics of them!
Old Jun 28th 2010, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

ex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really niceex geordie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Wilester
My Daughter Hollie is 8 and is obsessed with Bugs (The Insect Kind) so i am wondering if you can tell me if she will or wont be disappointed.

We like the look of the North Canterbury area, will there be Bugs for her the larger the better
I can only speak for the Bay of Plenty theres lots of weird and wonderful bugs especially in the summer months.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Our cat treated us to one of these
It had a wingspan of around 90mm, so not quite as big as it could have been
http://www.puketi.org.nz/kids/puriri-moth.html