British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Broadbase for pension transfers? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/broadbase-pension-transfers-641008/)

BEVS Nov 17th 2009 9:15 pm

Broadbase for pension transfers?

Anyone used Broadbase for pension transfers please?

I'm thinking about this subject again. We have several small pensions scattereda bout and there is a need for 'A Plan'.

I was rather hoping Broadbase came to Nelson and Bays on their travels, so I could see the whites of their eyes, but they do not.

Justcol Nov 17th 2009 9:17 pm

Re: Broadbase for pension transfers?

Never heard of them but i think Spicers might offer a service for pension tranfers
and they are a very well established company.

garfield250 Nov 17th 2009 9:40 pm

Bevs,

I do know of a really good independant financial advisor who helped me (and a large number of others) transfer our pensions across.
I can PM you his contact details, he does travel and he may make the journey south ( he is an expat as well).:thumbsup:

nero Nov 17th 2009 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by garfield250 (Post 8105780)
Bevs,

I do know of a really good independant financial advisor who helped me (and a large number of others) transfer our pensions across.
I can PM you his contact details, he does travel and he may make the journey south ( he is an expat as well).:thumbsup:

I would be interested as well as I was thinking of using Broadbase as well but had not made a definate decision. Keen to know who is best or has been used before. Cheers

Joshlin Nov 18th 2009 7:15 am

We are in the same frame of mind as you Bev-pensions scattered about in the UK and looking to tidy things up. Broadbase advertise a fair bit on the radio down here in Chch-where they are based. Trying to find the time to get in and have a chat. When it finally happens will let you all know how we found them.
As usual the exchange rate could well put things on ice though.

Lee

BEVS Nov 18th 2009 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by Joshlin (Post 8106789)
We are in the same frame of mind as you Bev-pensions scattered about in the UK and looking to tidy things up. Broadbase advertise a fair bit on the radio down here in Chch-where they are based. Trying to find the time to get in and have a chat. When it finally happens will let you all know how we found them.
As usual the exchange rate could well put things on ice though.

Lee

That would be brilliant . :thumbup:

I'm so slooow at this sort of thing. I should have sorted this out a couple of years ago really . I think about it and dither and still get nothing sorted.

Thanks also to those that have sent PMs with recommendations. I'll be checking those out also.

Lily77cat Nov 18th 2009 9:58 pm

we met with broadbase when we first came over. They are supporters of www.mov****.com - check them out on there. (and its a rival forum:p)

the guy did a free visit- check- chat and visits all over NZ- we met him in auckland but they are based in christchurch.

he was very good and knowledgable and when we actually get our act together we will use them to transfer our pensions over.

hope that helps
:cool:

BEVS Nov 18th 2009 10:19 pm

Thanks for that Lillycat. :) I've been a member there since before it became what it is today. I've posted with them before they had a forum and on their first forum.

ps
There are no rival forums. There is room a-plenty for all of us. :p

Now, where's me pic of the meet-up you arranged here on BE. :eek:

Lily77cat Nov 19th 2009 12:16 am

oooo- i didnt take a piccy. was i supposed to?
us girlies just sat araound and had anice time having coffee.
then irish eyes organised the last one and we went to a thai- and no pic taken either !
oops sorry
but as it looks like we are meeting up regularily do you relaly want piccys of us every week :confused::confused:

BEVS Nov 19th 2009 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by lily77cat (Post 8108862)
oooo- i didnt take a piccy. was i supposed to?

but as it looks like we are meeting up regularly do you really want piccys of us every week

Nooo. :p
I'm just a right noseholes and I just thought the odd pic on the meet-up section would be lovely. Actually, I'm just nosey. :lol:

LennyV Nov 21st 2009 3:01 am

Hi

Steve from Broadbase came to see us in Auckland, he was
very helpful, no pressure, gave us good advice. We would use them when the time is right to transfer our pensions.

:thumbup:

BEVS Dec 8th 2009 9:00 pm

bump.....

I'm back to this again. Told you I was slow. :p

If anyone out there has any further recommendations, I'd be pleased to have the details .

Cheers :thumbup:

alanmacc Dec 8th 2009 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 8157328)
bump.....

I'm back to this again. Told you I was slow. :p

If anyone out there has any further recommendations, I'd be pleased to have the details .

Cheers :thumbup:

I was using Rothenbury but this is my second time trying to get the paperwork back to the UK and if it fall son its arse again I will try elsewhere

BEVS Dec 8th 2009 11:26 pm

I've also re-read this old thread abut pensions transfers.

Doing my own head in now. :blink: